• Register Today It's free!

ground wire

lanced

Reaction score
City, State
Tunkhannock PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
Does anyone have a pic of the location of the ground wire that can make the 4lo and 4hi lights flash on the instrument panel? Thanks, Clint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's most likely a spliced ground that terminates at the passenger side kick panel with other grounds. Or, same general area but drivers side. Behind the panel with the hood release. If you are looking to interrupt it and only it, you'd need to cut the wire.

I have an 04 electrical guide I can look at tomorrow.

The ground is spliced according to my '04 electrical book. Terminates in passenger side G200 on diagram.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6,604

You can follow the wiring from this diagram though it doesn't tell you where the splice is. You could cut it anywhere near the switch and then solder it later. Don't know what this will do to the PCM as the signal will obviously be broken.

Not shown, to the far right, is this diagram ending at G200.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 800

I was under the impression that its by the transfer case under the truck going by what I've read, about the lights flashing and 4wd not working

Power comes from the PCM and is voltage specific.

The transfer case motor has its own power and ground as well as signal wire from the PCM.
I would think the PCM would send any signals or error codes to the switch.

I can look later if you want to know the tcase ground location.

If you get a chance, sure, I looked but I wasn't sure all wire as I found were in harnesses. Thanks, Clint

Just remembered that the PCM controls the 4x for '04's and up. '02-'03 had the 4x module. So your set up is different than mine. pm [MENTION=134770]BigRondo[/MENTION] to see if he has the info.

This is a REALLY good deal if the guy will ship it.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/4865273277.html

Ok thanks, number4!

Back