*** Group Purchase Special Pricing For JL Audio Stealthbox *** | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*** Group Purchase Special Pricing For JL Audio Stealthbox ***

DOH!

How about a deal on JLs own new amps with a vantage box? ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Andrew,

Any deal on 10w1-4 (that come standard in the stealth box?).. Mine has a bad voice coil and I just got a brand new 10w0-4 and found out that it doesn't fit in the stealthbox (too deep...)..

Let me know..

And if anyone wants to make an offer on a new 10w0-4, let me know OR if anyone has fit a 10w0-4 in a explorer stealthbox, let me know!

Thanks,

Johnny K
johnk@nls.net

fenderguy,

you must have purchased the JL Vantage box, not the stealthbox. I am right.

$180 for a new stealthbox would be well under the dealer cost for it.

Johnny K,

is your stealthbox still under warranty. They have a 3 year warranty (if I remember correctly.) If so, you should be able to take it to any JL Audio dealer.

Andrew

Andrew,

Good Idea, unfortunately I bought it used (as is), so I don't have the original receipt to return it.. (my bad!)

P.S. The ebay company I bought the 10w0-4 from has been good enough to give me full credit and let me pay the diff on the new sub, so I'll be all set..

Thanks,

JK

JL

breaks down like this:

The Vantage with the 10W0 is for those who want the fit of a hidden box but at a cheap price..extra bass, nice quality.

The Stealth is for those who want high-end and little work...buy it, throw it in, hook it up and boom boom.

Those of you asking about the 10W6 and beyond..they dont fit because of the magnet. Standard is a 40oz magnet...10W6 have 80oz or better..its serious stuff for serious power handling. If youre wanting monster bass, get the 10W6 and have a stereo shop custom make a box for you...it will still fit in the factory space, but the woofer will extend out into the cargo area , and you'll need a grille to cover it. (a 12" actually fits if you cut the side panel some)

If youre wanting anymore than that, forget the stealth stuff and get a huge trunk box with dual subs..there isnt enough airspace back there for hammering subs.

The stealth will be more than enough for most..vantage would be better for those who only listen to the music once in awhile.

Back