• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Group Spare truck?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I was thinking...what if we had a super cheap group lonner truck? Someone is always truck is always down, and some are with out currently. Looking around we could pick up a used first gen ex for $500 bucks or so. If we can find one in good running condition and just gut the thing, weld up the rear and a cage would probally be very wise. Anybody could donate parts tords it, and any member could fly out and have a rig to drive. I'd be willing to donate time any any spare parts tords it. I'd donate money tords purchase of the truck...but my money postion is less them favorable currently. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
I think it is hard enough getting people to show up on runs now anyway. Let alone having to prep a second rig. Who would register and insure it. Where to store it?

sparksafly'n

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
GAS,Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer SAS!!
I'd fly out again with the kansas crew for sure. Why would you have to register it and have insurance if it was strickly an off road vehicle???

We can get away with it here! I think!!

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I'd fly out again with the kansas crew for sure. Why would you have to register it and have insurance if it was strickly an off road vehicle???

We can get away with it here! I think!!
Because in Cali, they have to pay to do anything. Even off road only vehicles need special tags out there. Land of the brave, Ain't free.

sparksafly'n

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
GAS,Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer SAS!!
Well thats no good!! poor poor cali !! Well at least it don't snow or have freezing rain or get freezing cold!! Ah hell I still want to move there anyway!! he!he!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
I was thinking it could bounce around, to where ever someone had time to work on it. It would be green stickered, but the problem would be who going to trailer a extra truck anywhere:rolleyes:

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Spare seats are cheaper than a spare truck:p:

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
I just saw this thread and it got me thinking........................

I think someone who will remain nameless, maybe the guy who started this thread..........maybe not.........has a father who shall remain nameless, maybe Zukman................maybe not, who has a backyard full of 4WD vehicles. Maybe he could start his own "4X4 Loaner Program"??

Ritsui

Pilot of dogcraft
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4x4
Last edited:

MercuryMullet

Reaction score
City, State
el cajon ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 mercury mountaineer
I'll keep an eye out. I always have a good luck when it comes to finding free or next to free vehicles.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
I don't have a lot of funds to contribute, but I would definitely be willing to contribute time for maintenance.

grant00

Reaction score
City, State
Folsom, CA (home); Pomona, CA (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4.0 SOHC
Keeper has his wrecked sport he says? :dunno: :hammer:

Keeper0311

Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
Indeed I do. She still runs (a bit rougher then prior to the accident) would probably have to do some cutting and bending due to bent fenders and all. The body is a mess, not sure about the frame.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Ohio group for off roading -new Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
Rick Want your group run "stickied"?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Diff Whack Daddy Synthetic winch line group buy Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
U NW Explorer facebook group page? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
E East coast group run anyone? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
0 moving to KC,KS and want to join a group or club Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
J Want to help me "prank" a group of Subaru Owners that hate Explorers? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
G Elbe Hills Focus Group Meeting Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Raminator157 NEX Facebook User group Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
GJarrett Vote on Moab Group Dinner Here Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 10
S Gilmer, the other group Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
SVO 360/Dallas group meet Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 51
A When is the next Explorer 4x4 group run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
ld50 (Vancouver BC)Lower Mainland Explorer Group Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
O So. Cal. Explorer Group Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 157
Heath CCR2001 Group Dinner Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
GJarrett Colorado Group Dinner Vote Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 24
ProjectAviator What spare parts to carry for 2nd gen EX Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Rick Truck Haven 2021 25th Anniversary Run! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Stic-o Truck Haven Fall 2018 - Veterans Day Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 181
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2018 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 125
Rick Truck Haven Fall 2017 - Memorial Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 54
Stic-o Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 145
Elgatoprerunner Truck Haven this weekend (Feb 27-28) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Rick Truck Haven Jan 16-18 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 146
Tbars4 Custom Truck & Rod Show Off Sept. 13th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Rick Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 394
L.A.X Baja Offroad Worx Truck Meet June 8 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
L.A.X Truck Meet Tonight in Stanton Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
L.A.X Truck Meet Tonight in West Covina Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 11
Rick Aerial video from Truck Haven Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
Rick Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 127
Rick Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 94
Char October 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
Rick Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 56
Char 2013 Truck Haven Potluck Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 18
K Coxey truck trail/Big bear new years day Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Rick 2013 Truck Haven MLK Weekend Explorer Ranger run Jan 19-20 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 102
Rick Return from Truck Haven October '12 - Photos Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 49
Char Truck Haven Potluck!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
rookieshooter Truck Nationals Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 76
Rick Ocotillo Wells/Truck Haven "Mobile Workshop" Feb 18-19 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Gabe96Explorer Toys for Tots Car & Truck Meet - Woodbury NJ (12/10/11) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Rick Truck Haven 2012 MLK Weekend Jan. 14-15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 112
Maniak Return from Truck Haven Oct 2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
4 Finally got to get the truck dirty Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
M Misfits4x4 7Th annual truck & car show fundraiser NJ Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
M Misfits4x4 7Th annual truck & car show fundraiser for cancer Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
rookieshooter !!Trail Class added Truck Nationals!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0