Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
I was thinking...what if we had a super cheap group lonner truck? Someone is always truck is always down, and some are with out currently. Looking around we could pick up a used first gen ex for $500 bucks or so. If we can find one in good running condition and just gut the thing, weld up the rear and a cage would probally be very wise. Anybody could donate parts tords it, and any member could fly out and have a rig to drive. I'd be willing to donate time any any spare parts tords it. I'd donate money tords purchase of the truck...but my money postion is less them favorable currently. :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it is hard enough getting people to show up on runs now anyway. Let alone having to prep a second rig. Who would register and insure it. Where to store it?

I'd fly out again with the kansas crew for sure. Why would you have to register it and have insurance if it was strickly an off road vehicle???

We can get away with it here! I think!!

I'd fly out again with the kansas crew for sure. Why would you have to register it and have insurance if it was strickly an off road vehicle???

We can get away with it here! I think!!

Because in Cali, they have to pay to do anything. Even off road only vehicles need special tags out there. Land of the brave, Ain't free.

Well thats no good!! poor poor cali !! Well at least it don't snow or have freezing rain or get freezing cold!! Ah hell I still want to move there anyway!! he!he!

I was thinking it could bounce around, to where ever someone had time to work on it. It would be green stickered, but the problem would be who going to trailer a extra truck anywhere:rolleyes:

Spare seats are cheaper than a spare truck:p:

I just saw this thread and it got me thinking........................

I think someone who will remain nameless, maybe the guy who started this thread..........maybe not.........has a father who shall remain nameless, maybe Zukman................maybe not, who has a backyard full of 4WD vehicles. Maybe he could start his own "4X4 Loaner Program"??

I'll keep an eye out. I always have a good luck when it comes to finding free or next to free vehicles.

I don't have a lot of funds to contribute, but I would definitely be willing to contribute time for maintenance.

Keeper has his wrecked sport he says? :dunno: :hammer:

Indeed I do. She still runs (a bit rougher then prior to the accident) would probably have to do some cutting and bending due to bent fenders and all. The body is a mess, not sure about the frame.

Back