• Register Today It's free!

Grunizzle's 91 STX

Grunizzle

Reaction score
City, State
LRAFB, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger STX
Well I have mostly been on the ranger station but lately I have been looking at a lot of tech articles on here so I figured I might as well join.

Here is what my truck looks like today:
CIMG1371.jpg

CIMG1432.jpg

CIMG1435.jpg

CIMG1389_0001.jpg

List of mods:
-Sony xplod ipod deck
-shift boot cup holders
-blue led dash lights
-2'' body lift
-31x10.50 procomp extreme all terrains
-warn manual hubs
-powertrax no slip rear locker
-aero turbine 25/25 with custom side exit
-ruff stuff rear dif. cover
-homemade front and rear bumpers
-Clear headlight turns and corners
-removed factory axle blocks and installed beltech 6400 shackles (reduced axle wrap)

List of specs:
- 1991 super cab ranger 4x4 STX
- 4.0l V6 162000 miles
- M50d manual transmission
- electric shift transfer case
- D35/ 8.8 3.73

I have a lot more pictures if anyones interested.

Right now I am getting ready to do some major changes. I have a 31 spline 8.8 riding around in the bed soon to be getting 4.56s and a detroit locker (should be here tomorrow). I also have a 4.56 geared D35 in my room waiting for all the parts to come together (and a lock rite), as well as 2'' lift coils and an AAL.

My plan is to run 33x10.50 BFG km2 tires.

My rig currently is my DD and I use it for camping, trails, and moderate offroading. By next spring I plan for it to be a offroad only rig.
I will update this as I go along with my build, I am planning to have the new axle under axle under it within 2 weeks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Welcome aboard...:salute:

...and your plans for your Ranger sounds great...:biggthump

Well I ventured down to superlift orv park again and met up with ScottyJ. He has a pretty cool ranger
CIMG1438.jpg

After wheeling with him on 2's for a few hours he took off and I met up with some guys from Arkansas crawlers 4x4 club. They were all really nice and we went and did some lvl 3's and lvl 4's (rubicon ridge and gulch). I didn't think my truck would be capable of doing some of they stuff we did lol. I unfortunately only got one picture.
CIMG1442.jpg

This adventure makes me even more ready for my axle/gear swap! And I can't wait for a front locker and bigger tires!

nice ranger u got there u plan on doing mods to it

...u plan on doing mods to it
Try to read before posting:

Right now I am getting ready to do some major changes. I have a 31 spline 8.8 riding around in the bed soon to be getting 4.56s and a detroit locker (should be here tomorrow). I also have a 4.56 geared D35 in my room waiting for all the parts to come together (and a lock rite), as well as 2'' lift coils and an AAL.

My plan is to run 33x10.50 BFG km2 tires.

My rig currently is my DD and I use it for camping, trails, and moderate offroading. By next spring I plan for it to be a offroad only rig.

The current mods are in the op

CIMG1436.jpg

Well I figure I might as well update this thing. My new exploder 8.8 is under the knife getting the gears and detroit in it right now. I sold the 2'' lift springs I had and just went all out for a duff 3'' lift. I also got some extended radius arms and tranny crossmember. Basically I am just waiting on the axle to get finished, shocks, brake lines, bushings and it to cool the #### down lol
CIMG1456.jpg

more axle parts showed up today! .375 u bolt plates and 3 1/4 x 5/8 u bolts. This is some beefy stuff, good job ruff stuff!
CIMG1458.jpg

CIMG1459.jpg

5125s for the rear, and the duff stuff up front. 4 day weekend and payday coming up, time to get **** done!

Well went into the shop today to get my extended radius arms on. I was really excited. Started at ten and got it up on the lift and started taking **** apart.
CIMG1461.jpg
CIMG1462.jpg
CIMG1460.jpg

About 4 hours into disassembly I have both old,radius arms removed, hubs and calipers removed and the axles supported. The old rad arms were a major PITS to get off all four bolts had to be torched and then hit with a big ass impact wrench. Then I move down to the fun stuff and start getting the new radius arm brackets mounted. I go to get the new tranny x-member in and it does not mount up properly. On one side its about 3/4 inch to far out and the other side about 1/2 inch to far in. FML. Reassemly begins. And its way harder to install the beams and **** lol.

Total time spent: 8 hours. Total accomplished: 0.

Well the new 8.8 is in:yahoo:! And I am way over geared now lol, but my clutch is enjoying it. Took about 5 hours to do the swap. The guy that put the gears in was kind enough to let me use his shop!:headbang:
The new stuff
CIMG1469.jpg

CIMG1476.jpg

CIMG1477.jpg

CIMG1478.jpg

CIMG1479.jpg

CIMG1484.jpg

This is for the passengers lol
CIMG1481.jpg

Tires match the front width pretty good now
CIMG1485.jpg

CIMG1483.jpg