guage needles dont work any help???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

guage needles dont work any help????

R

rydinhigh

I just installed my white guages (the ones that go over the existing ones) and now my tach and speedo needles don't move. does any one know how to take the actual needle apart or have any guesses on what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe they are stuck rubbing against the gauge?

the guages are rubbing against the needle, you get to take your dash apart again and move the guages about 1mm, fun huh?? this time around, check to make sure the needles are working before everythign is bolted back together, and your needles should work fine... if worst comes to worst, take the guages off and count your losses

the guages are rubbing against the needle, you get to take your dash apart again and move the guages about 1mm, fun huh??

I was hoping you werent gonna say this. I think that they are rubbing. I tested everything out (tach and speedo) before I bolted it all back together then I noticed that every thing wasnt lined up so I moved it a little.

Well thanks for all the help guys.

it was that little alignment that did you in, test before you bolt up, valuable lesson youve learned now, oh well, should take about half the time it did the first time around :)

has anyone taken off the stock guages and used just the white ones. i was thinking about doing this because the damn things dont line up. stupid aftermarket garbage.

i was thinking about that, but honestly, i dont have the balls, id get one from the junkyard before you try it on your main ones

Back