Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
You guys are gonna hate me LOL....

a 2004 Infiniti FX35.

To replace my 01 Toyota Sequoia. With winter looking like its going to be tough this year, meaning I'll be driving something with AWD more that I have in past years I decided that I needed something a little less freaking gigantic than the Sequoia that I can park all of the places I need to park in the course of a day (downtown garages, paralell parking, etc). I'm also going to be driving it on trips a lot this winter as I'm going to be travelling a lot more up into the NE (NJ, NY, CT, MA) and I really like the navigation system on the Lexus. Plus she has always refused to drive the Sequoia because its so large, and I really overestimated the amount of people and luggage I'd be hauling around on trips. Its just really too big a vehicle for us.

All of that plus we haven't bought anything for my wife yet since she got rid of her Beetle and she really likes the FX, so its home to stay. It'll be her vehicle most of the time.

Its a really neat vehicle. Touring package (leather heated seat, power tilt telescoping steering wheel/gauge pod, bi-xenon headlamps (these are cool, the high beams are HID also), seat/mirror memory. Tech package which includes the navigation system, smart key (same as the Lexus, dont need the key to unlock or start the car. I was a little concerned that the two keys on my keyring might interfere with each other but they dont seem to yet), backup camera, tire pressure monitor. Car has splash guards on it too, dealer installed but I might take them off. Its "Diamond Graphite" which is a dark silver, not as dark as the flint mica on the Lexus but like a platinum color, real sharp with a graphite (black) interior. The vehicle looks best in black but we wanted something that would hide scratches and would be easy to maintain.

Transaction was easy, knew what options we wanted, walked in, vehicle was on the lot, drove it, quick negotiation and we were on our way home. Sticker was $43,795 and we were able to agree on $41,300 (good deal I thought, the 04s just came out not too long ago) plus they gave me $19k for the Sequoia, right at blue book with no hassle (that probably had something to do with the weather too, a cheap good condition SUV shouldn't stay on the lot long...). Real happy with the Infiniti purchasing process, comparably as easy and rewarding as Lexus. Its from the same family of dealerships that I bought the Sequoia from 3 years ago.

Love the vehicle, its just what we were looking for. Sporty (Different kind of vehicle than I've had in a long time, reminds me somewhat of my old Datsun Zs. Sporty interior lots of alluminum trim, really a merge between a sports car and an SUV. Very cool. Great in the snow (we've been having a blast all day on the snowy slushy roads and parking lots), luxurious and comfortable (it rides great, not luxury sedan great but MUCH better than an SUV), lots of utility in a compact package (its not even quite as long as the Explorer) that will be real easy to maneuver and park.

We're real pleased with it. My wife has it out now doing some Christmas shopping. I'll try and find some pictures of similar vehicles on the Internet and post them.

SUV crossover vehicle, not as bad as we thought it would be ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on your new ride

You must have the money tree growing in your front yard:thumbsup: j/k

LOL, this is the first car I've bought since 2001! My company paid for the Lexus you gotta remember ;)

Here's a picture of a similar interior:

270865_22_full.jpg

And a similar exterior, this is a 45 (with the V8) with 20 inch wheels, ours only has 18 inch wheels because I didnt get the sport package:

327257_1_full.jpg

327257_2_full.jpg

327257_4_full.jpg

327257_3_full.jpg

Why didn't you get the 8?

Hokie- We still drive the Explorer a good bit actually, I drive it every once and a while and my son drives it a lot in bad weather. My wife was driving it up until now.

Alec- Just plain didnt want to spend the money. Plus the FX45 comes with the sport package which includes stiffer suspension and those 20 inch wheels, I wanted the best ride we could get, and didnt want to hamper snow ability or risk damaging rims on potholes with the 20s. I have a customer with a 45 and it was on his reccomendation that I look at it (I looked at it breifly for myself before I got the LS430) but he'd already destroyed two rims on the DC potholes. The 6 seems plenty strong. Didnt even drive an 8 because I knew if I drove it I'd want the power ;)

One of my daughter's teachers bought one recently and that thing is N-I-C-E!. She parks it in the center point of four parking spaces at the school and has threatened to fail any child who goes near it.

Ahhh, Stephen. Good choice... very good choice. X~Factor likes. :thumbsup:

jeez stephen, i mean mr freakin moneybags... since your on a vehicle buying streak, i'd like a new F150 with all the upgrades. thanks.

:D

btw.. very nice! i don't like the version with the 20" wheels so i think you made the right choice!

Very nice Stephen. But where are the pics for your LS430?!?!?!?!?!? Now you need to get pics for BOTH your LS430 and YOUR FX35. :p

congrads.. Stephen.. so when do we get to see it?

I'm going to get my son a new digital camera for Christmas, I'll reccomend that maybe he try it out by taking some pictures of the cars and putting them on the computer for me ;)

If not, I be willing to drive down 45 minutes out of my way just to film it and ah maybe test drive it.:D I would have to agree the Sequia is huge, I think its larger than the Landcruiser if I remember right.

It is, its between an Expedition and an Excursion.

I be willing to drive down 45 minutes out of my way just to film it and ah maybe test drive it

Ah ha! I see how it is ;)

Originally posted by Stephen
I'm going to get my son a new digital camera for Christmas, I'll reccomend that maybe he try it out by taking some pictures of the cars and putting them on the computer for me ;)

We havent seen:

1. A picture of Stepehn himself....
2. Any other pictures of His Explorer
3. Pictures of his LS
4. Pictures of his new ride

I think he secretly has a whole photo album of them, and tells us fibs to delay putting them up here....;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Crankcase
We havent seen:

1. A picture of Stepehn himself....
2. Any other pictures of His Explorer
3. Pictures of his LS
4. Pictures of his new ride

I think he secretly has a whole photo album of them, and tells us fibs to delay putting them up here....;)

I wonder if he exist at all.. maybe just an imaginery person..

Back