GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GWNF Fourth of July Weekend 7/3-7/7 at Camp Fishfood and Shoe Creek

Xeek

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt
Fourth of july weekend fireworks at home base, along with some summer fun at the river and a shoe creek trip.

Will be held july 3rd through july 7th. stay as long as you can, something different every day. possible stony run or shoe creek day on the weekend.
wednesday: early birds start rolling into camp noonish. check out the trails
thursday: day at the river, picnic, cornhole or something fun
friday: shoe creek or stony run, yeti hunting back at camp
saturday: daytime??? fireworks later when dark
sunday: pack up and leave the greatest place ever

Shoe Creek: 37.785215, -79.101618 http://m.google.com/u/m/zbGAjh
Camp Fishfood: 125 Riverbreeze Ct, Howardsville, VA, 24562 http://m.google.com/u/m/B23WMT

customer reviews(lol):
jd4242 rates this place 5 out of 5 stars
Those that haven't gone before, you have been missing out..spike has hosted three trips for the forum and everyone has been a BLAST!!! He has a bunch of trails on his personal property and the james river runs right through it:Dyour wanna bring something to swim in and raft or tubes for playing in the river. Also their will be a PROFESSIONAL firework show that you just cant see that close anywhere else.

GOING:
fishfood
Xeek
Wills05xlt4x4
jd4242
Brandon96
explorinitup
Ronin8002
unclemeat

99% sure crowd:
DominicanX
Xeek's friend
boominXplorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm in, bringing my bike this time too...

I in!!! Dont know why you didnt just put my name up there....wouldnt miss a fishfood trip to save my life!!

Ill add
Those that haven't gone before, you have been missing out..spike has hosted three trips for the forum and everyone has been a BLAST!!! He has a bunch of trails on his personal property and the james river runs right through it:Dyour wanna bring something to swim in and raft or tubes for playing in the river. Also their will be a PROFESSIONAL firework show that you just cant see that close anywhere else.

I cant freakn wait!!!:D:salute::usa:

I'm in, bringing my bike this time too...

You bringing BBQ again this time? I wanna bring my 3wheeler!! My bike has street slicks on it:( I just hope my truck is fixed.if not I got a new sweet ass trailer that fits my bike, 3wheeler and all my gear.ill have to bribe xeek with some chicken to tow me and it up there:D

lol. all you have to do to bribe me is weld on a hitch, i dont have one ;) :p

i wish i had a fun little bike or atv to bring :(

If it comes down to that, ill make you a custom one;)

Google maps link for fishfoods
Fish Pond Rd
125 Riverbreeze Ct, VA 24562
http://m.google.com/u/m/B23WMT

And shoe creek
1945-2055 Perkins Mill Rd
2055 Perkins Mill Rd, George Washington National Forest, Roseland, VA
http://m.google.com/u/m/zbGAjh

Ill call dibs on my normal spot:Dunless spike wants us to camp somewhere different

You spelled "Fourth" wrong.

I'm in.

EDIT -- WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ELITE STATUS AAAAAGGGHHHHH

You bringing BBQ again this time? I wanna bring my 3wheeler!! My bike has street slicks on it:( I just hope my truck is fixed.if not I got a new sweet ass trailer that fits my bike, 3wheeler and all my gear.ill have to bribe xeek with some chicken to tow me and it up there:D

I can bring all the BBQ we can eat...
my bike has 80/20 street tires on it but hopefully will be changed by then...I did shoe creek on them and no traction is an understatement....
I have a trailer I can use but if it could be orchestrated it'd be sweet to throw it in a truck headed that way to save hauling it...

mark my words I WILL be geared this time with front and rear ls, also will weld up my front skid plateand any other undercarriage protection needed...:salute:

I'm taking welding classes at Rtc and hopefully I can build a solid steel bumper soon in class...

I can bring all the BBQ we can eat...
my bike has 80/20 street tires on it but hopefully will be changed by then...I did shoe creek on them and no traction is an understatement....
I have a trailer I can use but if it could be orchestrated it'd be sweet to throw it in a truck headed that way to save hauling it...

mark my words I WILL be geared this time with front and rear ls, also will weld up my front skid plateand any other undercarriage protection needed...:salute:

I'm taking welding classes at Rtc and hopefully I can build a solid steel bumper soon in class...

Get a carrier like I have and put it on the back of your truck...and yea yea ive heard that before!! Like you said ""stop slackn and get on it!!"";)

I'm in!!!!!i'm in!!!!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!

ABOUT TIME!!!! Chris said he was wanting to come on the next one also, waitn to hear back on that!!

I think we are going to have A LOT of people this trip.we may want to consider spiltting our group in half for stony or shoe creek.half start at the top and the other starts at the end.lol we could meet in the middle

My buddy with a jeep may come with his wife also

I'll probably be up for this one. Already have my lift/coilovers done and will definitely have front/gas tank skidplates by that time...hopefully rock sliders too. If I have any extra money I also would like to have at least the rear axle set up with a limited slip.

can i play too!

You know when I host these things, I rarely get to do the gwnf parts of the trip because i am usually too busy making party arrangements etc. It was not a good thing on the first trip when i left my wife to entertain my neighbors because i was too busy jackassing around up in the forest... Wont do that again!!...Not the polite thing to do.

I am hoping that since this is a 4 day type thing that I will get the chance to do a run in the forest with someone either on thursday the 4th, or friday the 5th. I will be busy helping my neighbor with firework, party prep etc on the 6th, and i plan on being significantly hungover on the 7th. So if there is anyone that wants to do a smaller trip on either of those days ....i want to play too.

Will, i will want to use your connections for the pulled pork.... JD, i hear your dibbs on the usual parking space, but we will have to see...... I am leaning more towards giving/ building you guys camp spaces spaces in the shade just across the drive from the house. Also i am thinking about keeping the area in front of house open for gathering (and my trucks) especially if i decide to have a band saturday. Obviously i use your gathering as an excuse to have a party for neighbors as well.

Anyway the yeti has your number JD:eek:..... since the yeti is after you, if i put you off in the woods it will keep the rest of us safe.

You know when I host these things, I rarely get to do the gwnf parts of the trip because i am usually too busy making party arrangements etc. It was not a good thing on the first trip when i left my wife to entertain my neighbors because i was too busy jackassing around up in the forest... Wont do that again!!...Not the polite thing to do.

I am hoping that since this is a 4 day type thing that I will get the chance to do a run in the forest with someone either on thursday the 4th, or friday the 5th. I will be busy helping my neighbor with firework, party prep etc on the 6th, and i plan on being significantly hungover on the 7th. So if there is anyone that wants to do a smaller trip on either of those days ....i want to play too.

Will, i will want to use your connections for the pulled pork.... JD, i hear your dibbs on the usual parking space, but we will have to see...... I am leaning more towards giving/ building you guys camp spaces spaces in the shade just across the drive from the house. Also i am thinking about keeping the area in front of house open for gathering (and my trucks) especially if i decide to have a band saturday. Obviously i use your gathering as an excuse to have a party for neighbors as well.

Anyway the yeti has your number JD:eek:..... since the yeti is after you, if i put you off in the woods it will keep the rest of us safe.

Band?? Just when we think it couldnt get any better!!! You always seem to take it to a new level every trip!! Lol

Yea kind of figured if a lot of people do come you would need that spot for parking.you HAD to bring up the yeti:shoot::shoot: im setting up' booby' traps this year and putting my trail camera up.ill get a pic this year! !!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like the idea of splitting up and doing the end and begining of a trail and meeting up then continuing on after.

stacy, you never stop amazing us. professional fireworks, now professional fireworks on the actual holiday so there will be A TON more then before. and now a band??

im not entirely sure whats gonna happen with me, im getting back into a retail job, soo taking 5 days off, on a holiday weekend? yea not so sure how its gonna go with that yet. but ill try my bestest!
im also gonna try and get my friend phillip to come, he was at the kitty hawk camping trip in the ranger. he works retail to, so not sure how theyll like the idea either

Back