H.I.D. Head/Fog lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

H.I.D. Head/Fog lights

Hi, i'm havin some trouble finding either some HID foglights(housing, lense and everything) or HID kit just for foglights are these available?, i have found some foglight HID's, but they are round lense with a blue halo on them... would I have to buy two kits, one for my headlights, and one for my foglights?
OH, by the way i drive a 1995 Ford Explorer Sport...(rectangle foglights)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just go on eBay, type in for example "9004 HID 10000k" (replace 10,000 with whatever K you want, and replace 9004 with your bulb style...same with the fog bulbs...

Ill do a eBay search for you for 10000k ones, the best in my opinion

Headlights: (9007)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAR-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
50$, free shipping, any K you want

Fogs:
I looked for the H3 style, which is what the 95 fogs are...and I cant find any on eBay, so maybe someone else can help there....

10,000K HIDs are poseur bulbs. The higher the K, the more colour, but less useful light. HIDs don't work particularly well in fogs because the scatter a lot. I'd just stick with a high quality halogen.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would put them in my fogs, mostly for looks, call that stupid but yea; as for 10k having less light and whatnot, I have them in my 92, and there is SO much more light compared to the stock halogen bulbs, its unbelievable, when I drive other cars, without HIDs at night, even new stuff like my moms 08 escape, its so hard to see, because im used to the whole road glowing, and everything around me.

10,000k in my opinion are the best, if you want blueness to them. Theyre WAY less blue than what people advertise them to be, but theyre still blue, they put off white light onto the road though.

I'm happy with 6000k headlights and 3000k fogs (very yellow).

If you are interested in a decent projector foglight, not an OEM foglight. There are a type of halogen projector foglight, commonly known as a Blazer Fog (Blazer after the company not the car). They were ended up being OEM on a LOAD of cars through the late 90s to today (Ford FOcus I think is one car, a BOATLOAD of chevys, etc.) You can pick them up pretty cheap (usually around $30-40 bucks shipped and the reason I mentioned them is they are KILLER with an HID kit. You get a nice sharp cutoff:
bothcutoffs.jpg

The yellow fogs on the bottom are the blue ion lens blazer fogs with a 3000k bulb in them. The blue ion lens makes the light more yellow. As for the bulb used, 880 kits are a drop in, a D2S bulb will fit, but requires some modification to get the focal point right. The later gets you better light output as you can use OEM bulbs. Note: That's not my car, just someone who posted on HIDPlanet.

Don't forget, uplighting in the fog is a BAD thing. It reflects right back at you. That's why these fogs work so well. Also, higher K bulbs don't do as well in fog due to the wavelength approaching a proper frequency for Mie Scattering to take effect (IIRC) which causes the light to reflect ALL OVER the place.

I need that lower front bumper valance for my 95, there wasnt one on mine, so I HAD fogs, but theyre just MIA :p:

These fogs are the type that can just screw into something (like most aftermarket fogs). A lot of people mount them in the OEM holes by various means.

hey PedroDaGr8 , Where can i buy those foggers?

Ebay, I know the seller Papsnme sells them. I am unsure who else. Check your local autoparts store. Also junkyars will have them.

Back