H, New 1st gen owner from the uk | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

H, New 1st gen owner from the uk

Voicey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt
Hi everyone, Im from the uk and have recently purchased the rare bird over here that is a 1st gen. I was looking for a new toy and saw this by chance in the local ads... my childhood and remaining love for jurassic park made me buy it lol. Its done 60k genuine miles from new (I have the documents and history) and only had one owner who bought it new in florida and aside from some fading of plastics, the windscreen delamintaing a little and laquer lift on the paint is in amazing condition, no rust anywhere. Only niggles so far is that the engine revs drop a little far when when given throttle abruptly, now and then resulting in a stall and the cruise seems inop. It has spent a lot of time not being used in its life so I expect this to have caused some niggles
Its my first ford of any kind and a little alien to me.
IMG_0862-1.jpg

FORDEXPLORER131.jpg

FORDEXPLORER12.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Welcome to the forum. You're the first person in the UK to have a 1st gen. that I've seen. It's really clean looking.

Thanks guys! Yes its maybe only the second first gen Ive ever seen over here, hence I jumped on it. My inner child is telling me to jurassic park it, perhaps a vinyl wrap to not ruin the paint, but we will see.

Back