Had a Flowmaster installed today... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Had a Flowmaster installed today...

TigerTrac01

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
I finally decided to make my truck sound like a TRUCK and man do I love it. I had a 40 series put on (single in and out) with a 3" tip straight out under the bumper. It gives the truck a solid, deep tone. I bough the muffler, had it installed, changed the piping, and bought the tip for $120. I will add a video and pic sometime later if you guys are interested.

Anyone else have a flowmaster on their Sport Trac? If so, post some pics/vids.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Throw up a vid when you can. I would love to hear it.

hmm...
i wasnt to impressed with the sound of the 40series muffler, i took mine off and swapped to dual straights.

here soon i will be changing to a cherrybomb single chamber muffler and side pipes.

Yeah, it's not very loud which kinda is a little disappointing now but will be better in the long run. Being only 18 and heading off to college in a few months, I'm not going to want the loudest truck on the block anymore. Gotta keep the Sporty Spice professional. :D

Haha i was in the same bout bro,
got my exhaust done right after graduating and a month later redid it.

been pretty happy with it, but want a more aggressive muscle sound.

I got single in and dual out 40 series flows on my 01 sport. I don't got the sport trac but my tips are 2 1/2 inch tips but i am saving up to get true dual exhaust.

I got pics of my explorer and it has some pics of my flowmasters installed but my pics i have are like 9 months ago but i need to get new ones up eventually.

But here is link to pics of my 01 sport.

www.cardomain.com/id/sams01xplrsprt

tell me whatcha ya think

looks good bro, i left a comment from my cardomain.

5*

i just put yellow window film over my stock fogs but i wanna get them brighter i wanna put like 3000k yellow hids for my fogs

rmoyer u got aim or yahoo messanger i got both of them and nice sport trac u got by the way i like it.

If u got aim my sn is Pimpin01XplrSprt

my yahoo sn is samrezadelrooz@sbcglobal.net

hmm...
i wasnt to impressed with the sound of the 40series muffler, i took mine off and swapped to dual straights.

here soon i will be changing to a cherrybomb single chamber muffler and side pipes.

I always thought cherry bombs were junk. Doesnt the fiberglass inside eventually loose its ability to muffle sound because it gets brittle so eventually it starts sounding like you have straight pipes?

rmoyer how does ur sport trac sound with straight pipes and how big are they. Are they true dual straight pipes or single in and dual out.

I am saving up to get true duals on my 01 sport. I might rid of my 40 series and put super 44s or maybe put glasspacks or maybe striaght pipes

I always thought cherry bombs were junk. Doesnt the fiberglass inside eventually loose its about to muffle sound because it gets brittle so eventually it starts sounding like you have straight pipes?

Im pretty sure youre referring to glasspack mufflers. the muffler im getting is similar to the 10series racemuffler by flowmaster. Actually its the exact same thing just a different brand.

no my exhaust isnt true dual it splits from a ypipe underneath the cab after the the cat.
the only way i know of to do true dual on the ST is to eliminate the last cat and run the exhaust from the precats back.
the way mine will be set up is with the random tech ypipe to eliminate the precats and then a random tech high flow cat to replace the cat. then from there pipe to lead to my race muffler then exit out the side infront of the passenger side rear tire like the lightning

as far as messengers yea, i have aim
Rmoyer78buddha@aol.com

um right now my exhaust makes my ST sound like a small v8 according to my team. i dont personally think its loud enough

yeah glass packs. I wasnt aware that cherry bomb made anything other then glasspacks. I see now that they offer more then they did in the past, cool.

yea dude, any brand glasspacks go out after so long..

alot of people used to install them, run them till they were hot then spray cold water in the to shatter the glass.

that was done by alot of people that would drag race if they ran in a class they had a muffler requirment

Sam use to have a video of his exhaust. But I don't know where it went.

i still need to post a picture and a video.. sorry guys. I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

tiger did u put sound clip up yet and pics too

Here's the video.. sorry about the net in front of the camera, i had to sit my phone in a cup holder on a folding chair haha..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NheyrLSQd5E

Here's a pic..
pic0093.jpg

nice video and looks good. i got single in and dual out 40 series flows on mine and they are 2 1/2 inch tips. I need to put a video up sometime of my flowmasters so u guys can hear how they sound.

Sounds pretty nice

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just noticed in the video descriptipn it says dual in and out

Back