• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
dont know about you guys, but im itchn bad to get out on trails. Like real bad, kinda going crazy!!
Well, you managed to itch that scratch alright, as in scratching the entire drivers side when you rolled it on V-Notch :p:

Since we couldn't wait until the Halloween run, we went and got some wheeling done before hand. Anyways, thanks for joining me out there everybody, I had a blast on the afternoon til evening run. :thumbsup:

We managed to do some very nice level 2 thru 4 trails, and Brad managed a few level 5's on 33"x10.5" boggers. You would have to be there & see it with your own eyes, to believe it. ;) Congrats making it up double whammy, not once, but twice for the 1st time. :thumbsup:

The main road (Ranch Road) has a hill climb on it that stocker's needed low range to get up it. It has washed out so bad, that I don't think a stocker could navigate it w/o taking on some damage. I hope they fix it soon, or there going to have to make a bypass for that section of the main road, which is a level 1! :eek:

Looking forward to this run! Smorr is such a nice park, I could go 100 times and not get bored with it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CodePoet

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Dang i'd LOVE to come down. Wife won't be off maternity leave at that point though...leaving to go wheel with my imaginary internet friends...

Elessar65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Well, I am signing my life away for my new detached 3+ car garage with heat, 220v, and cable tv on Friday (and it even comes with a house and a little attached garage for Tiffany), so no more excuses, and no more trucks sitting in other people's yards/driveways. Should be mostly moved in after the 16/17/18th weekend.

Time to get serious, stock the fridge with beer, bar the doors, and get the Ranger going!

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
WTFudge!

Wrench like the wind Jason!

Code, always next spring.

Jessi, Your luck this year is one for the record books.

Okay, no more No's, only Yes's from here on out :)

sparksafly'n

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
GAS,Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer SAS!!
Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!
wow I'm hurt I wasn't added to the in list already. Cause Joshua and the wounder weinier & I will be there for sure!!!

That is if you want us to come along??:rolleyes: I'm renting a elect. site#26 for some heat at night!! Going to bed now later guys!!

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
V-notch using Rookie Spotter :)

020-9.jpg

016-11.jpg

017-13.jpg

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Everyone should try the pipes, pretty fun. Drove over them twice with 33s
013-18.jpg

Flexn my tow rig.
002-18.jpg

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
Amenities

Very nice heated/cooled Shower house with private stalls. Breakfast, lunch, & dinner served daily with decent prices. This menu is a little old, and they have expanded on it a bunch since then. Sat night special dinner is a Pulled Pork plate with all the trimmings for $7.00 :thumbsup: For me, it is easier to just eat at the park and not cook.
smorrbathhouseanddeli.jpg

smorrdelimenuanddailyspecial.jpg

smorrmensbath.jpg

smorrmensshower.jpg

smorrpavillion4.jpg

yellowford

Reaction score
City, State
Gardner ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xj
Seeing all the pictures reminds me of my two trips to smorr, not sure if I'll be able to make it yet, school is kicking my butt and the ranger has been put up for sale. So if it gets sold I'll hopefully be there in something but it will most likely be stock.

They must have added a lot of dirt back in around the pipes at the last Halloween run neither me or mark could get up them on 33's or 35's.

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
My son and his gal are returning for another weekend of fun with us. :)

This means Pugly will be there to wheel some mild trails also.

I still need a winch for the rig, if anyone knows of someone with a used 9k for sale cheap, let me know please. :)

pwhiteelec05

Reaction score
City, State
ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 dak
Good pretty sure my parents are going to try and come as well. So will probably need another seat. All depending on weather. I can't wait.

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I imagine it will be the same as it was last Halloween weather wise. Warm days & cold nights. Perfect Ginormous bonfire weather. I need to remember to bring the trucker chains to drag a few large tree's back to camp with :D

SVO42

Reaction score
City, State
Hatton, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XL
Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!
I can't say if we can make it or not, but I'd really like to! I still have a little bit of work to do on the Ex but not much to get it going again. A lot of my time has been taken up by my 2nd part time job and trips to Joplin for the last few months.

I got the rear Detroit repaired but still have to reinstall it. I also need a new power steering pump (looking to do the Saginaw pump swap) and add the PS fluid cooler. If we can swing it we'll let you know! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Twiztid

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, Mo.
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 ranger 96 ex 5.0 2wd
well i got the trans in the 88 and it seem's to be working ok on the rack, i'll finish every thing tomorrow after work and back it off the racks and take it for a drive to check every thing out. 2 fingers crossed lol :D

and lay-off's start thursday at work, so i may make it. pipeline is in south dakota this time, so i maybe heading up there for work

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anybody going to the Bundy Hill Halloween "Haunted" trail ride? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
jakebrake 5th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. 2013 Pre Halloween Spooktacular!! plse read Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Skunk Late Oct. Halloween run northeast PA. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 271
Stang Girl 4th Annual Harris Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 10
Stang Girl Third Annual Harris Hellish Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Stang Girl Hell Raising Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
N East Coast Halloween Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 16
W **Annual Gilmer Halloween Run 10/29/04** Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
W **Annual Gilmer Halloween Run 10/29/04** Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
SVO Halloween @ Gilmer Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 53
mrboyle Halloween in Moab? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
traveler One more SMORR? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 26
Rick June 10 - 12 Superlift ORV Park, Arkansas was SMORR EF 20th anniversary run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 54
jakebrake Smorr 2014 october 10-11-12! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 102
jakebrake 6th annual Smorr 2014 vote! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
jakebrake SMORR 2013 final vote and pre registration Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 16
gmanpaint SMORR 2013 Dates---cast your vote! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
T Who's going to SMORR Froze over Feb 1-3rd 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
crazyflights SMORR NOV 17th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Rick SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 111
A SMORR - new trails? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
gmanpaint Going to SMORR for Labor day weekend, join me there! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
gmanpaint SMORR Wheeling Fundraiser for Joplin Tornado victims Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Turdle John Johnstone Memorial Ford Invasion Weekend @ SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 30
gmanpaint SMORR 2011....Official thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 350
gmanpaint Shake down run @ Smorr, looking for back up Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
Turdle SMORR Fall Run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 140
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
gmanpaint SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 553
gmanpaint SMORR 2010........Discussion Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 76
J Smorr froze over 2010 feb 26th-28th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
crazyflights Small SMORR trip planned Jan 8 or 9th, anyone can join. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
J Smorr n the fall 2009 oct 16th-18th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
T SMORR October 2009 lets set this up Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 178
J Smorr's fourth of july bash 09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
gmanpaint Spring wheeling trip at SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 328
R MOROC season opener at SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
traveler KS Rocks (again) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Turdle Kansas rocks November 7th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 63
jrgaylor June 16th The rocks? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
yellowford 2012 KS Rocks Frostbite Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Turdle Ultimate Adventure 2011 at Kansas Rocks. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
P Rocks & Valleys 1st Easter Treasure Hunt April 3rd Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Turdle Kansas Rocks Park ---shakedown maybe? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 88
chad551 Katemcy Rocks or Disney Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
Albino 94LTD Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 134
T kansas rocks this weekend? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2