• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Everybody, get your rigs ready, getn closer!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

sparksafly'n

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
GAS,Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer SAS!!
I need to change the front u-joint in our truck. And then I think were ready,just need to check camping gear and get a elect. site for heat.

I know Joshua is ready, all he's talking about smorr this smorr that!!

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
he just like the rest of then LOL, Smorr on the brain

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
The Kids might not make it out with us, so Pugly will be staying home if they can't make it. :(

All I want to do with the Black Hole is swap the drivers rear caliper out, and change the intermediate steering shaft. Other than that, it's good to go.

Chad, have you decided when your heading out yet? Friday morning or going to show up late night like last time?

JakeBrake and the crew going to make it ??

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Delivery for Greg.... :) O what could it be....
005-21.jpg

Twiztid

Reaction score
City, State
Springfield, Mo.
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 ranger 96 ex 5.0 2wd

kert0307

Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
I'll make it official. I'll be bringing the explorer down there since the b2 is still about a year out and it's been too long since I've wheeled anything. I'll probably show up Friday evening and stay till it ends Sunday. I'm hoping to make new bumpers for the front and rear of the explorer before the trip, but either way it's going to be there.

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
I'll make it official. I'll be bringing the explorer down there since the b2 is still about a year out and it's been too long since I've wheeled anything. I'll probably show up Friday evening and stay till it ends Sunday. I'm hoping to make new bumpers for the front and rear of the explorer before the trip, but either way it's going to be there.
Right on! Glad your going to make it. :thumbsup:

We were talking about the cold night temps. If you are tent camping (& don't already know this) bring a tarp big enough to cover it to keep the heat in. Hopefully you all have a small tent heater :)

Also, if you have an air mattress, a foam pad will help keep the ground from letting the air inside it get cold. :thumbsup:

4x4attitude

Reaction score
City, State
De Queen area in Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 F150 Straight 6, 5spd
So, a few guys and sue talked me into comin. I gotta fix my truck a bit before she will make that drive. I'm out here in Lee's Summit Mo.. so it's not a bad drive for me. Count me in so far!

crazyflights

Reaction score
City, State
St. Joseph, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 1 ton Jeep
Greg doesnt need Candy...

O my 2 weekends to get my explorer ready ugh

4x4attitude

Reaction score
City, State
De Queen area in Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 F150 Straight 6, 5spd
Replace thermostat?
Check
Replace Radiator?
Check
Replace Fan?
Check

GRAAHHH, truck is still getting hot...

Stepdad says he thinks I have a blown head gasket x_x
Looks like SMORR is no longer an option for me :(

gmanpaint

It's Always Something!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
MO MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 & 95 XLT's
4x4attitude.....

Is it leaking coolant?

Is there coolant present in the oil?

Does it run rough before it overheats?

If no to all of those, chances are it's NOT the head gasket, and could be Air bubbles trapped in the system. Did you burp the system after you replaced the radiator & T-stat?

Start a new thread about this and others will chime in to help you out, or search "Burping the system". :)

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Replace thermostat?
Check
Replace Radiator?
Check
Replace Fan?
Check

GRAAHHH, truck is still getting hot...

Stepdad says he thinks I have a blown head gasket x_x
Looks like SMORR is no longer an option for me :(
Might be the radiator cap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

kert0307

Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
Does SMORR allow the use of fireworks on the campground?

Edit: Do you need to reserve a spot there if you are tent camping?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Anybody going to the Bundy Hill Halloween "Haunted" trail ride? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
jakebrake 5th Annual EF S.M.O.R.R. 2013 Pre Halloween Spooktacular!! plse read Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 199
Skunk Late Oct. Halloween run northeast PA. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 271
Stang Girl 4th Annual Harris Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 10
Stang Girl Third Annual Harris Hellish Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
Stang Girl Hell Raising Halloween Party Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 12
N East Coast Halloween Run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 16
W **Annual Gilmer Halloween Run 10/29/04** Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
W **Annual Gilmer Halloween Run 10/29/04** Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
SVO Halloween @ Gilmer Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 53
mrboyle Halloween in Moab? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
traveler One more SMORR? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 26
Rick June 10 - 12 Superlift ORV Park, Arkansas was SMORR EF 20th anniversary run Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 54
jakebrake Smorr 2014 october 10-11-12! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 102
jakebrake 6th annual Smorr 2014 vote! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 20
jakebrake SMORR 2013 final vote and pre registration Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 16
gmanpaint SMORR 2013 Dates---cast your vote! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
T Who's going to SMORR Froze over Feb 1-3rd 2013 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
crazyflights SMORR NOV 17th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 6
Rick SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 111
A SMORR - new trails? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
gmanpaint Going to SMORR for Labor day weekend, join me there! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 34
gmanpaint SMORR Wheeling Fundraiser for Joplin Tornado victims Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Turdle John Johnstone Memorial Ford Invasion Weekend @ SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 30
gmanpaint SMORR 2011....Official thread Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 350
gmanpaint Shake down run @ Smorr, looking for back up Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 65
Turdle SMORR Fall Run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 140
gmanpaint Return from SMORR 2010 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 42
gmanpaint SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 553
gmanpaint SMORR 2010........Discussion Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 76
J Smorr froze over 2010 feb 26th-28th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
crazyflights Small SMORR trip planned Jan 8 or 9th, anyone can join. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 47
crazyflights Return from Fall SMORR trip, stories, pics, carnage!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 55
J Smorr n the fall 2009 oct 16th-18th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
T SMORR October 2009 lets set this up Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 178
J Smorr's fourth of july bash 09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
zukman Return from SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 126
gmanpaint Spring wheeling trip at SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 328
R MOROC season opener at SMORR Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
traveler KS Rocks (again) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Turdle Kansas rocks November 7th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 63
jrgaylor June 16th The rocks? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
yellowford 2012 KS Rocks Frostbite Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 15
Turdle Ultimate Adventure 2011 at Kansas Rocks. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
P Rocks & Valleys 1st Easter Treasure Hunt April 3rd Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Turdle Kansas Rocks Park ---shakedown maybe? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 88
chad551 Katemcy Rocks or Disney Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 7
jrgaylor Return from Naches trail, Funy/Moon rocks Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 28
Albino 94LTD Naches Pass - Funny Rocks - Moon Rocks after July15 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 134
T kansas rocks this weekend? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2