Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Halloween @ SMORR - Rocks, storys, friends, big fires. Then sign up!!

dont know about you guys, but im itchn bad to get out on trails. Like real bad, kinda going crazy!!

Well, you managed to itch that scratch alright, as in scratching the entire drivers side when you rolled it on V-Notch :p:

Since we couldn't wait until the Halloween run, we went and got some wheeling done before hand. Anyways, thanks for joining me out there everybody, I had a blast on the afternoon til evening run. :thumbsup:

We managed to do some very nice level 2 thru 4 trails, and Brad managed a few level 5's on 33"x10.5" boggers. You would have to be there & see it with your own eyes, to believe it. ;) Congrats making it up double whammy, not once, but twice for the 1st time. :thumbsup:

The main road (Ranch Road) has a hill climb on it that stocker's needed low range to get up it. It has washed out so bad, that I don't think a stocker could navigate it w/o taking on some damage. I hope they fix it soon, or there going to have to make a bypass for that section of the main road, which is a level 1! :eek:

Looking forward to this run! Smorr is such a nice park, I could go 100 times and not get bored with it. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang i'd LOVE to come down. Wife won't be off maternity leave at that point though...leaving to go wheel with my imaginary internet friends...

aliens_hudson_game_over.jpg

Well, I am signing my life away for my new detached 3+ car garage with heat, 220v, and cable tv on Friday (and it even comes with a house and a little attached garage for Tiffany), so no more excuses, and no more trucks sitting in other people's yards/driveways. Should be mostly moved in after the 16/17/18th weekend.

Time to get serious, stock the fridge with beer, bar the doors, and get the Ranger going!

Im going to have to move to the no list:), i have to find a new home thanks to shady sellers

Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!

wow I'm hurt I wasn't added to the in list already. Cause Joshua and the wounder weinier & I will be there for sure!!!

That is if you want us to come along??:rolleyes: I'm renting a elect. site#26 for some heat at night!! Going to bed now later guys!!

Everyone should try the pipes, pretty fun. Drove over them twice with 33s
013-18.jpg

Flexn my tow rig.
002-18.jpg

Amenities

Very nice heated/cooled Shower house with private stalls. Breakfast, lunch, & dinner served daily with decent prices. This menu is a little old, and they have expanded on it a bunch since then. Sat night special dinner is a Pulled Pork plate with all the trimmings for $7.00 :thumbsup: For me, it is easier to just eat at the park and not cook.
smorrbathhouseanddeli.jpg

smorrdelimenuanddailyspecial.jpg

smorrmensbath.jpg

smorrmensshower.jpg

smorrpavillion4.jpg

Seeing all the pictures reminds me of my two trips to smorr, not sure if I'll be able to make it yet, school is kicking my butt and the ranger has been put up for sale. So if it gets sold I'll hopefully be there in something but it will most likely be stock.

They must have added a lot of dirt back in around the pipes at the last Halloween run neither me or mark could get up them on 33's or 35's.

My son and his gal are returning for another weekend of fun with us. :)

This means Pugly will be there to wheel some mild trails also.

I still need a winch for the rig, if anyone knows of someone with a used 9k for sale cheap, let me know please. :)

Good pretty sure my parents are going to try and come as well. So will probably need another seat. All depending on weather. I can't wait.

I imagine it will be the same as it was last Halloween weather wise. Warm days & cold nights. Perfect Ginormous bonfire weather. I need to remember to bring the trucker chains to drag a few large tree's back to camp with :D

Were missing some other regulars. :scratch:

Where for art tho..

Sparksaflyin, Yellowford, Benjiman, Turdle, Dkchrist, 88comingup, Meangene, SVO42 & Goldilocks, ?????

Speak-eth Up-eth!!!

I can't say if we can make it or not, but I'd really like to! I still have a little bit of work to do on the Ex but not much to get it going again. A lot of my time has been taken up by my 2nd part time job and trips to Joplin for the last few months.

I got the rear Detroit repaired but still have to reinstall it. I also need a new power steering pump (looking to do the Saginaw pump swap) and add the PS fluid cooler. If we can swing it we'll let you know! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i got the trans in the 88 and it seem's to be working ok on the rack, i'll finish every thing tomorrow after work and back it off the racks and take it for a drive to check every thing out. 2 fingers crossed lol :D

and lay-off's start thursday at work, so i may make it. pipeline is in south dakota this time, so i maybe heading up there for work

Back