Halloween Vent | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Halloween Vent

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
I love Halloween. But I must vent off some...

Why in the world do people take take out there 2-6 month old child in a stroller and beg for candy for them? The child has no clue as to what is going on and there is the parent holding a bag out for them. I just don;t understand this..

Or the teens not in costume or carrying a bag, come up and wanting candy. ARHHHm this is not what halloween is all about. It is for the kids people, not adults getting candy or 17 year olds filling a dental bill....

Sorry, rant off. But it bothers me big time...

What are your thoughts on it?

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
thats gay, but whats even worse is the parents who followed their kids around in the car. :mad: Thats just plain ole fatass lazy.

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
Same crap where I live. My wife & I stopped giving out 5 years ago becuse of all the damn teenagers.

I had to run an errand last night & what really pisses me off is the gang banging looking Fawkers with their pants hanging off their ass & there hoods pulled up over their face walk down the middle of the road and won't get out of the way.

I'd have no problem running there worthless asses down.:D

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
I'd have no problem running there worthless asses down.:D

You might want to check on this - I think its illegal to do this no matter how warrented it may be. ;)

We didn't get any kiddos this year - last year we only got 3 teenagers. I now have a bunch of candy to get rid of.

'97 V8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
thats gay, but whats even worse is the parents who followed their kids around in the car. :mad: Thats just plain ole fatass lazy.

I was doing a move and i saw about 4 different cars follow thier kids trick or treating. Lame.

MyExpWork

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Camarillo, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4-door 4X4 XLT

Why in the world do people take take out there 2-6 month old child in a stroller and beg for candy for them? The child has no clue as to what is going on and there is the parent holding a bag out for them. I just don;t understand this..

Or the teens not in costume or carrying a bag, come up and wanting candy. ARHHHm this is not what halloween is all about. It is for the kids people, not adults getting candy or 17 year olds filling a dental bill....

Sorry, rant off. But it bothers me big time...

What are your thoughts on it?

Totally agree. My mom and my wife wanted me to take my 4 month old out trick or treating....I flat refused. Until he can walk and say "trick-or-treat" and "thank-you" we aren't going.

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I guess where I live, it's still a bit behind or backwards. I live in a smaller town, around 4,000 people. Last night, it was rainy and somewhat cold. I'll bet we still had around 50-75 kids come around in the two hours the town holds it's "Halloween" Trick-or-Treat. There were kids from the ages of around 2 up to around 15. I don't think I saw one car behind any of the kids. Many of the adults were also dressed up with their kids. Even the younger ones who really didn't understand the entire "candy" thing, were still out with their family and being with the community. My wife and I gave out coffee to many of the parents, and our neighbor was sitting out in her driveway in the rain giving out whole Symphony bars to both the kids and the parents. Was really a good time by all. :D

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
I kind of agree, about the tiny ones not realizing what is up, and parents eating up the candy. But man, my neighbor's grandbaby looked awful cute in her hershey's kiss costume.

When I was 3, I had it figured out.We lived in Loveland CO then.
I found my costume, which my mother stashed. I remember it vividly, as the year before I was so scared I stood there and cried, while all the other kids had candy.

this time....
I went trick or treating, a week before halloween!!

My mother was freaking out trying to find me,

I came home with a sack of candy!!! Call me stupid--no way

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
Totally agree. My mom and my wife wanted me to take my 4 month old out trick or treating....I flat refused. Until he can walk and say "trick-or-treat" and "thank-you" we aren't going.

And that is the way it should be...

I would guess we had around 150 to 200 trick or treaters in our neighborhood. At times we wondered if they were coming in by the bus loads. It seems as our area has gotten the rep of being the treaters.

Here is another one for ya. At around 8:15 I decided to shut it down. I was outside in the driveway handing out candy all evening. The last 3 kids come up were of course teens. 2 ladies and 1 dude. No costumes, but the 2 girls did have some plastic bags for candy. Well I was shutting the garage door and said I was closing it down. So 1 of the girls said "well we will get extra treats then". Well I gave each of the girls a hand full of what candy was left and the guy, with no bag or costume looks at me and says, will you just put my handful of candy in her bag? LOL, getting too old for this, but I looked at him and said I already did, ask her for your candy. Well 1 of the girl's gives me this I am full of crap look and I politely said good night. And she just stood there staring me down. Well, let's get it on as Marvin Gaye would say.

I told her she and her friends were not from this neighborhood and were too old in the first place to be out begging for candy. And if I find any eggs or toilet paper on or around my house tomorrow, I was coming looking for her and quickly snapped a photo of her. Of course no film in the camera, but she didn't know that. So I awoke this morning to a nice and clean yard. Not to say it will stay that way, but I got my point across...

BBQ_HotDogs

A Man Without Wheels
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer (R.I.P.)
BTW, I would swear I saw spindlecone in my yard last night eating Candy...

spindlecone

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
BTW, I would swear I saw spindlecone in my yard last night eating Candy...

Yep I saw ya:D
But your a hard man ronnie,heres a diff take on trick or treaters.
I live in a gated retirement community, mean average age is 71 (i"m 58)
We had one TT last night, dressed up as a bag lady, she lives next door.
She had a little red wagon loaded with homemade candy that she was handing out, sort of a reverse TT, was a hoot.

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
same thing here in SE mass.. many came by and here for some reason the teenage girls thing was to dress up as sluttty as possible this year. i mean there must have been girls 13 dressed in clothes that were showing cleavage and some had mini skirts on that when you looked you couldnt believe what you were seeing. and the last few and this was about 8:50 yes the door actually rang that late. i wish my wife would have been home cause i opened the door and i swear these 2 girls who i recognize from a couple of doors down and i believe are around 16 asked if they were too late and dressed as slutty as you could eva imagine,, and when i said well kinda late they asked if they could just get the rest of my candy and when i said no I do not think so the next thing they did shocked me so much. they said well now can we get the rest of your candy totally and i mean totally pulling their shirts up and neither had a bra on!!!!!!!
it was the last thing i thought i was going to see last night I can not look at these 2 girls the same anymore!!!!! it was really bad and it was obvious they knew what they were doing and how old they looked...

Stang Girl

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Cobra R Clone
We only had 2 trick or treaters...which were our neighbors kids. Maybe the party scared everyone off...:p:

Anyway, here's a solution I heard on the news about how to handle the teenagers who want candy. They have to answer 3 questions, and if they get them right, they get candy. One of the questions that the caller asked was "Who was the 3rd President of the U.S.?" If they didn't get them right, no candy. But he said it was also sad that none of them knew the answer. :rolleyes:

OZexplore

Reaction score
City, State
coffs harbour n.s.w. Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
98xlt

Why in the world do people take take out there 2-6 month old child in a stroller and beg for candy for them?

why do people give 1st birthday parties or first or sometimes second christmas the kid has no idea but the parents dont want them to miss out. (the parents dont want to miss out)

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
why do people give 1st birthday parties or first or sometimes second christmas the kid has no idea but the parents dont want them to miss out. (the parents dont want to miss out)

Aaaargh!!!

Attachments

• halloween 2006 055.jpg
    halloween 2006 055.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 106