• Register Today It's free!

Handsfree Liftgate delete

richgran

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
Awaiting my ST (blend on 5/29) and the window sticker has just been updated.
In addition to 2ND ROW HTD STS CNTRLS CREDIT and REAR AUXILIARY CNTRLS CREDIT, it now includes HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE DELETE. Anybody else see this in theirs?

As an added bonus, the base sticker price has gone UP $265...........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No one else that I can recall has posted about the Hands-Free Liftgate Delete. It seems like a good thing that more items weren't deleted boosting the price even more. ;) You should get a form that lists the 'deleted' features and which ones will be corrected at a later date.

Peter

No one else that I can recall has posted about the Hands-Free Liftgate Delete. It seems like a good thing that more items weren't deleted boosting the price even more. ;) You should get a form that lists the 'deleted' features and which ones will be corrected at a later date.

Peter
What form do you speak of? Would this come from the dealer or from Ford?

What form do you speak of? Would this come from the dealer or from Ford?
I believe it comes from Ford. The link shows the forum that I saw on the Lincoln Aviator site but I'm guessing the same would apply to the Explorer.

Peter

Awaiting my ST (blend on 5/29) and the window sticker has just been updated.
In addition to 2ND ROW HTD STS CNTRLS CREDIT and REAR AUXILIARY CNTRLS CREDIT, it now includes HANDS-FREE LIFTGATE DELETE. Anybody else see this in theirs?

As an added bonus, the base sticker price has gone UP $265...........
Your dealer can submit for price protection so you don't pay the $265 as long as your order was placed prior to the increase.

And someone else in a different forum mentioned the liftgate delete on their order.

Some Lincoln vehicles also have had the liftgate deleted with no plans to correct it later. I believe this applies to the Handsfree Foot-Activated feature only.

Peter

Ours was ordered 5/16, built week of 7/18, and hit the dealer on 8/9. It too had the $265 price increase and it too was missing the hands free tailgate.

Peter
Mine was a 6-22 built and it to had a $-55 delete also. It wasn't a ordered ST either though. I believe it was also luck as they were unloading my future ST as I was driving by the dealership and they were just drooling for my trade-in. In all fairness, I hope they have a lot of spare parts.🤣

Some Lincoln vehicles also have had the liftgate deleted with no plans to correct it later. I believe this applies to the Handsfree Foot-Activated feature only.

Peter
If you’ve ever had a lift gate unexpectedly hit you in the head, you’ll be thankful for that delete.

If you’ve ever had a lift gate unexpectedly hit you in the head, you’ll be thankful for that delete.
I have on a few occasions, but would still prefer to have it. It's a very useful thing to have in my opinion.

Peter

Back