HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All I can say is thank God your not 4x4... why is there so much front end lift and not enough rear? And what kind of backspacing is on those wheels - atleast upfront they are sticking out like a full-width axle.

-Drew

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you extended stuff - but yeah, work on that rear lift!

yeah the front kinda rises up when i accelerate going up the driveway because the springs have settled and its outta alignment. it usually sits lower. maybe ill replace those pics with some of the truck on flat ground.

edit: replaced with new pics

FROADER said:
Get some glass and put 35s on that *****.
And go SOA to get rid of that much butt sag. ;) Looks pretty badass though.

nice x u got there happy

No SOA. He's doing Deavers. Way more droop.

Looks pretty good. You gonna space out the back to match the front?

i got the bumper light bar skid plate on tonight. i plan on doing fenders this weekend. im not doing SOA bc im getting deavers, as j602 said. i gotta live wiht that butt sag for now (dont worry its annoying me too. i didnt plan on that much front lift.)

FROADER: i got my beams built by a guy in LA that i met on dezertrangers.com. custom built to my truck to cycle about 19" of travel. hes welds are clean as heck. ill get some pics up soon of the welds and of the skid plate bumper. thanks for all the comments guys.

wow that looks really good, thats one of the widest explorers ive ever seen too. Which fenders are you gonna put on that thing?

thats awesome! it just looks badass

sweet i love it...

hey thanks for all the positive feedback guys. your guys's approval makes it worth all the time and money :D :D :thumbsup:

FROADER: thanks for putting a pic there

BigDave: im gonna go with 4.5 inch Hannaman (sp?) glass. you get thoas deavers yet?

EDIT: put up new pics of the X with the skidplate/bumper installed

Bumper looks good. Only thing I would change is angle the bottom of the skid back a little more. Right now it just looks kind of "flat". Too vertical. Also, you gonna tie the bumper into the engine cage?

ExplorerDMB said:
All I can say is thank God your not 4x4... why is there so much front end lift and not enough rear? And what kind of backspacing is on those wheels - atleast upfront they are sticking out like a full-width axle.

-Drew

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you extended stuff - but yeah, work on that rear lift!

those are custom equal length i-beams 4.5 over on each side/ w racerunner coilover's with resi's to boot :thumbsup: no backspacing. Wider trackwidth gives you more stability when racing through the desert at 60+mph, drifting around corners only to hit a nice little whoop that hucks your beast into the air :D
Like j602 said he doesn't want SOA because then he limits his travel thus defeating the whole purpose of a desert built suspension. The deavers will add 3" in the rear to level it out and give it a softer ride...not to mention the added travel. IMO...you want the front a slight bit higher...it weighs more...and will come down much harder and quicker than the rear will when you air it out.
Trent... the explo is looking friggin awesome man. I'm diggin those beams..Guy did some clean work on your truck. I noticed heims all around...but can't make out the extended steering. Did he leave the stock tie rod ends or what? You planning on cutting holes for bypasses and running a bedcage with the deavers or you going to keep it simple for now?
Let me know when you want to hit glamis or ocotillo brother we need to get some pics of that truck huckin it baja style ;)
J...

Trent, you have any pics of the engine cage he built and your shock hoops? Did he use quick disconnects for the Xmember? If you have any pics...I'll post them up for you just let me know.

Awesome truck man. That is way clean. Reminds me of my truck, only lifted and 2wd. :D

j602- for now its gonna be separate but im sure at some point i will tie em in.

prozachappy- i will get you somore pics of the engine cage. i snapped a pic of the lower shock meount and steering extenders on stock steering and tie rod ends. illl send it. for now imna keep it simple with the deavers, maybe put a 10 inch sway a way resi in tere or something.

im down for a trip to ocotillio or glamis once i get my deavers, flares and gears!!

Very nice. You have one of the cleanest looking Explorers I have seen.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

prozachappy said:
Let me know when you want to hit glamis or ocotillo brother we need to get some pics of that truck huckin it baja style ;)
J...
yeah difinately let us know, my truck will be done on thursday so im going to need to be going on a test run or two

Back