• Register Today It's free!

Hard steering when cold.

Terryhan05

Reaction score
City, State
Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Police utility
Hi all. I have a 2014 PIU. We have had a cold front move in for the past week (upper 20s at night to mid 40s day) I have noticed that my steering has intermittent squeaking in the cab and the wheel is stiff at some points of the steering. Like if low on fluid. It doesn’t want to come back to center always. It tends to get better as the day warms up. Any suggestions?

33F1C19D-BC86-45D9-9C25-5CBB0A3E298E.jpeg

6BD4F1FB-515E-4A97-948B-C0D947A18747.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you found out the problem with your steering yet. Mine turned out to be the right side shaft and bearings were rusted. It started out like yours is and then after sitting for a week while I replaced the water pump and chains, I couldn't turn the steering wheel at all. Found out the boot was torn and water got inside.

Have you found out the problem with your steering yet. Mine turned out to be the right side shaft and bearings were rusted. It started out like yours is and then after sitting for a week while I replaced the water pump and chains, I couldn't turn the steering wheel at all. Found out the boot was turn and water got inside.
So it turned out to be a CV axle?

Back