hard tonneau latches | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

hard tonneau latches

pmcd

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
I'm thinking of buying a used hard tonneau cover for about $200. It doesn't come with the 4 latches that mount on bed rail, that the cover lock mechanisms engage into. Anyone know how much they cost from Ford? I'd look for them from a junk yard first, but just in case, I'd like to know new price. Thanks!

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

gcamargojr

Reaction score
City, State
North Olmsted, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac
locking mechanisms

Did you ever find the locking mechanisms, I just bought an 08 Sport Trac and contacted Ford and they said I have to buy the whole cover.

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
Did you ever find the locking mechanisms, I just bought an 08 Sport Trac and contacted Ford and they said I have to buy the whole cover.

Bastages...

dodgedaddie

Reaction score
City, State
Belfast, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Dodge Dart
NEWBIE here ,,
I just bought a 2002 an just getting to know the truck,
Mine won't UNLOCK(or release) the front half of the cover the key only unlocks the drivers side but the passenger side stays locked?

ANY HELP WOULD BE A HELP

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
I answered your question over in the newbie section but I'll paste the answer here as well.

Sounds like you guys all have stretched out cables that just need to be adjusted, had the same problem with three different factory covers over the years. Also spray the latching mechanism on each corner with some PB Blaster. Another thing that you'll want to check is the lock body to make sure that the clip is sill holding it in place and not allowing it to turn when you turn the key, this will make it seem like the cable is stretched but just isn't keeping any tension on the cables to be pulled.

dodgedaddie

Reaction score
City, State
Belfast, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Dodge Dart
OK thanks Midnight,,
As My intro said,,

NEWBIE ;)