• Register Today It's free!

hard tonneau latches

pmcd

Reaction score
City, State
Wilmington, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
I'm thinking of buying a used hard tonneau cover for about $200. It doesn't come with the 4 latches that mount on bed rail, that the cover lock mechanisms engage into. Anyone know how much they cost from Ford? I'd look for them from a junk yard first, but just in case, I'd like to know new price. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

locking mechanisms

Did you ever find the locking mechanisms, I just bought an 08 Sport Trac and contacted Ford and they said I have to buy the whole cover.

Did you ever find the locking mechanisms, I just bought an 08 Sport Trac and contacted Ford and they said I have to buy the whole cover.

Bastages...

NEWBIE here ,,
I just bought a 2002 an just getting to know the truck,
Mine won't UNLOCK(or release) the front half of the cover the key only unlocks the drivers side but the passenger side stays locked?

ANY HELP WOULD BE A HELP

I answered your question over in the newbie section but I'll paste the answer here as well.

Sounds like you guys all have stretched out cables that just need to be adjusted, had the same problem with three different factory covers over the years. Also spray the latching mechanism on each corner with some PB Blaster. Another thing that you'll want to check is the lock body to make sure that the clip is sill holding it in place and not allowing it to turn when you turn the key, this will make it seem like the cable is stretched but just isn't keeping any tension on the cables to be pulled.

OK thanks Midnight,,
As My intro said,,

NEWBIE ;)

Back