Hardware Differences Lane Keeping Assist vs Adaptive Cruise Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hardware Differences Lane Keeping Assist vs Adaptive Cruise Control

jarettp

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited 4wd
I have lane keeping assist but not ACC. After reading into the fact that all Explorers have "tow mode", some just lack the button to turn it on I started wondering about ACC. They both seem to have the same windshield monitors. Is there some sort of software difference or is the feature hidden in our vehicles, not able to be turned on without the proper input?

I have lane keeping assist but not ACC. After reading into the fact that all Explorers have "tow mode", some just lack the button to turn it on I started wondering about ACC. They both seem to have the same windshield monitors. Is there some sort of software difference or is the feature hidden in our vehicles, not able to be turned on without the proper input?

Lane Keep Assist and Adaptive Cruise use different technologies. LKA uses a camera behind the rear view mirror to "see" the lines in the road. ACC has a radar sensor located in the lower front facia near the grill to detect vehicles ahead. So no, it's not just a software difference that can be turned on.

jarettp, Page 248 of your Owner's Guide shows you where the radar unit for ther ACC is located.

(moved thread to this forum)

Peter

Back