• Register Today It's free!

Harsh Shift

Tim o T

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with approx. 14000 miles. I have been experiencing harsh shifts while in cruise and on occasion when it is not. As the vehicle starts uphill (in some cases) the speed drops about 5 mph and when it shifts to go back up to speed, it shifts roughly. It also shifts harshly when the smart cruise is used. After passing the slower moving vehicle it shifts roughly before going back up to speed. I have had it in two different service departments and have been told they cannot duplicate the problem and therefore cannot fix the issue. The last time it was in the shop they "re-flashed"(?) the transmission but it did not correct the issue. I have been in contact with Ford Service and told pretty much the same, that without duplicating the issue there is not much else that can be done. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have a 2014 Explorer Limited with approx. 14000 miles. I have been experiencing harsh shifts while in cruise and on occasion when it is not...

Hi Tim o T,

I wanted to touch base and see how things are going with your Explorer. During your visits to the dealership, did you ever take your tech on a test drive so you could replicate what you were experiencing?

Crystal

Back