Hartman's interior projects | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hartman's interior projects

definitely keep the screw holes- they are the only part of my stock bezel remaining after i put the screen in and they do not detract.

you really just decided to ditch 4wd? you aren't gonna relocate that switch or anything. the only thing i ditched was the rear wiper when i did mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you read my reply? I said I relocated the 4WD switch underneath the counsel bin until I swap to 2WD.

why not just keep the switch in a different place..so incase you ever need 4x4 you have it?

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
why not just keep the switch in a different place..so incase you ever need 4x4 you have it?

he's converting to 2wd. Im thinking he's got some tricks up his sleeve that would require 2wd (airbags, or otherwise extreme lowering is my guess)

Looks great Hartman!! How's the seat wiring problem going??

I haven't been working on the seats, but rather trying to find some potential burnt up wiring somewhere.

I'm almost ready to paint the radio bezel. I was at Autozone today, and I saw some charcoal metallic paint that would look killer. Black interior with metallic charcoal accents and billet aluminum. I think that's what I'm gonna go with!

I sprayed the radio bezel today. The charcoal metallic came out VERY nice! I just finished up spraying the clearcoat. Tomorrow I will shine it all up and I will have finished pics. The next project will be the gauge bezel.

glad you's is going good..mine's trying to kill me i know it..lol

love your mods.

You said working with glass is easy... I dont want to take away from this thread, you think you could PM me what you have to do to work with it?

Keep on the interior mods, I'm looking to mod my interior very soon and I'm looking for all the ideas I can get. Anyone ever seen someone paint their interior white?

yeah..is there..?

hydroxy,you might want to check my trend in GF's on how my inside painting is going..you may want to paint those part's..

There really isn't any problems glassing on plastic as long as you rough up the plastic real good to allow the glass to grab on. The toughest part is sanding all the rubber coating off the piece.

Here are pics of the finished piece. Came out pretty good I think.

radiobezel6.jpg

radiobezel7.jpg

radiobezel8.jpg

Like I said, next up is the gauge bezel. I will be using a different method on this piece in order to eliminate the texture. I figure the classic mixture of body filler and fiberglass resin will provide good filling material that won't be too hard to sand. Pics of that process coming soon.

Looks great Hartman! I love the color.

What did you use to sand the rubber coating off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks guys! Chris, I started with 80 grit to remove the rubber coating. It is not easy to sand it all off, it is stubborn. I found that if you douse it with laquer thinner, it's a little easy to remove. It is important that you remove all of the rubber, because if you paint over the rubber, you can remove the paint and rubber coating with your fingernail.

After you remove all of the rubber, you sand/prime continuously, stepping up the grit of your sand paper.

Back