• Register Today It's free!

has anybody heard of....

autodrjr

Reaction score
City, State
guelph, ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 sport
i was just told by my special order pars guy that he cant get my lift shackles i wanted but could get me lowering shackles for a chev pick up and said he saw on an explorer forum they would work. has anybody heard of this, is there a thread on it
my truck is a daily driver and i work as a mechanic so i like it to be right, no noises or bad fitment..

help....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have never heard of that but that dont mean it isnt true. Where are you going for parts? The lift shackles that are on mine sport came from ford and they had them in stock.

from a place called performance improvements here in ontario.. i wasnt aware ford offered lift shackles, is there any way you have a part number? how mutch lift?

I dont have the part number because I didnt own the explorer at the time but I will look into it. I live with the former owner. It is only lifted three inches what size lift are you going for??

nothing big, 2 or 3 inches
just want to set it off from the rest of the sports in this town, bit bigger tires would be nice. more of an agressive look

Ford sells different length stock shackles to deal with different ride heights due to tire size differences. These aren't really lift shackles, they are just different length stock shackles. If you really want a good set of lift shackles, a company called Warrior Products makes them. Part # is WAR-153. Do a search on this site and you'll find all sorts of information on them.

Hey; FabTech makes 2"-3" Lift Shackles for your explorer...I believe the part number is FTS2090 and they usually retail at about $130 US. But I believe they have a clearance sale online right now selling for about $85.00 US.plus shipping and taxes. Here is the link to their website...They are the cheapest by far, National in Burlington sell these shackles for $139.99 +

http://www.performancecenter.com/shackles/fabtech-lift-shackles

here's the warrior shackle next to my factory one. the factory one bent when i was taking it off.
untitled.jpg

and here it is on my truck. ignore the mud
2923876_24_full.jpg

for my shackles plus shipping it was like $75-$80 to my front door.

cool well im gonna look into the warriors... the ones he ordered for me were totally wrong... or ill just go to national maby. the warriors look prety heavy duty and seem at home surrounded by mud

There are quite a few of us on here who have run the Warrior shackles with good results. I'd highly recommend them.

they only seem to do 1 1/4 though
is that enough... i was kinda hopin for 2 inches size matters in this sport

The lift they provide depends upon the length of your original shackles. Ford used different length shackles on different trucks. In my '94 I got just about 2". In my '01 it was more like 1.5"

i got just over 1.5" also. but i'm going to replace my sport's mono leaf with a multi leaf pack from a four door, i'm hoping to get at least another 0.5" out of them. i've had them sitting in my garage and just haven't had time to do them yet. but when i do i'll take some before and after pics to show the difference

cool
i ordered the warriors just a few min ago
and i was contemplating going to a multi leaf from a four door too for nothing else but the stability. i dont trust mono leaf. lol.
anyone know of a body lift for a two door sport? or one that will work for one?

PA 883 is a 3" BL for a ranger that will fit on the explorers. you'll have to get brackets made for the rear bumper. i was planning on doing this lift on my truck also. if you do a search for it on here you'll find some write ups on it.

The chevy 1500 lowering shackles work for a Ranger, not Explorer (as you found out). I used them on my ranger and they worked well.
I used the warriors on my Sport Trac, they're a good product and should give you about 1.5" of lift.

well with about an inch and a half will level it off. does anyone have any before and after photos of the shackle install. just to give me a general idea of how it will look afterwards?

Not a standard explorer, or in the same location, but...
Here is on my Sport trac with 3" body lift and 33's. I probably have more weight in the back in the after pictures too, though, fyi...

Before
lift1.jpg

lift4.jpg

After
1219c.jpg

1219b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice what a difference... im glad im ordering the body lift too, any problem running the 33 inch tires? rubbing or sutch?

Back