Has anyone done a dana 44 IFS swap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone done a dana 44 IFS swap?

Jeff213

Reaction score
City, State
Stockton, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 mounty 5.0 4x4
Callsign
KM6BVN
I see all these threads about a d44 sfa swap, can't locate anything about a dana 44 ifs swap though. Has anyone done it yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you may be in uncharted waters.

So you plan on volunteering as a "Lab Rat"?:dpchug:

Do you mean i beams? If so yes, my 98 explorer is d44 beam swapped

I assume he means TTB like the first gen Explorers

No i mean ibeams. TTB are unequal length beams. Mine are custom to my explorer that are technically "J beams".
But at one point, yes they were TTB out of a f150

I was referring to the original poster, not you.

I did extended D35 beams with D44 outers on my Mountaineer. I felt that the D35 diff would fit better under the stock frame, and it turns out it does fit really well.

Well, I am not a good enough mechanic to be wandering too far into uncharted territory. I will not be attempting this.

Well, I am not a good enough mechanic to be wandering too far into uncharted territory. I will not be attempting this.
Its not "unchartered" territory. Theres quite a few builds out there with ifs. Everything from beams, to center mount, to upgraded A arms. They sell kits if youre not interested in building yourself

Back