Has anyone ever done a carb setup? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone ever done a carb setup?

custexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Allen, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05
Anyone on a recent x done a carb'd setup?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that would be cool!

**subscription**

I dont think it would be easy on an auto, because you cant slap carbs on it and toss the ecu, because the ecu controls the shifting. If it were possible I'd consider it. Makes getting to the engine alot simpler and your bay look alot neater.

did they make any 4.0 OHVs with a carb? i'm sure they might've made the 302 with a carb. I guess if you could get the computer to not throw a trillion codes, it would just take swappin parts and gettin it to run?

did they make any 4.0 OHVs with a carb? i'm sure they might've made the 302 with a carb. I guess if you could get the computer to not throw a trillion codes, it would just take swappin parts and gettin it to run?

Taking off the intake manifold and everything connected to it would be easy. I'd be interested in this if its possible. The idea of seeing the engine would be nice. I don't know about inspections though.

Back