Has anyone have any pics of the Lebra on there 2013-2014 Explorer Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone have any pics of the Lebra on there 2013-2014 Explorer Sport?

youngkingkrue

Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Explorer Sport
Before I purchase the LeBra All Weather Car Bra "SKU 3814943 Part #551325-01 Without park assist", was wondering if any one has any pics with it installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Blah! Skip the vinyl bra, get a clear bra installed. 100% protection, 0% ugly! lol

Also you can use spray plasti-dip in a range of colors for protection, for example, spray it on for winter, and remove it for summer.
I heard they have a clear coat but can find it...
DYC

plastidip doesn't provide 1/10th of the protection that a clear bra will

IMHO, (and limited experience of having one on a new ford probe gt back in the day)

I would never put another bra on unless it is a clear bra....

No matter how much you tighten the bra, driving WILL make it jiggle at least a bit and that will wear your paint off...
and if that is not enough to stop you... if you keep it on for a while, the paint under the bra will not match the sun faded paint not covered by the bra...

but, it IS your car, so do what you want with it :) so far, no executive order has come down to take that right away --- yet :)

How much is it for a clear bra?

The Bra would only be used for only my trip to Kentucky from Alaska

The Bra would only be used for only my trip to Kentucky from Alaska. About 10 day road trip then it comes off. Just wanted to see some pics thats all.

How much is it for a clear bra?

Depends on what pieces you get but it can range from $300-$500.

Figure basically the cost of one repaint for the front end, but it will always stay looking brand new. No rock chips, bug guts come off easier, and with film on the headlights they are less likely to get dull over time, and with it on the fogs they're less likely to crack from rocks. Worth every penny to always have a rock chip free front end 100% of the time!

The Bra would only be used for only my trip to Kentucky from Alaska. About 10 day road trip then it comes off. Just wanted to see some pics thats all.

A colgan bra has to cost easily $200-$300 doesn't it? For another couple hundred bucks, if even that much, invest inthe clear bra and have the invisible protection for the lifetime of the vehicle, rather than dumping a couple hundred bucks just to protect the paint for 10 days.

After using various bras on my cars over the last 30+ years I will never use them again. They are not worth the hassles associated with their use. The black vinyl ones rub the paint and trap sand in the soft knapp and wear into the paint and also causes irregular paint fading. The clear bras also trap stuff underneath and causes paint wear that is expensive to repair. Plus having to remove them all the time to clean and maintain the appearance of the vehicle make them a hassle to use. What little rock chips you will get will not outweigh the damage that starts the minute you install the bra!

...so for 2 days I have been paying more attention to front end paint protection, I realized in the parking lot that a lot of cars have a brown, dirt edge all along the clear bra install.

Up until this moment I always thought those dirt lines were from the body and bumper fit, with dust, water & dirt being flicked up on that seam during driving.
I would go to myself "why do they keep doing it like that?"...
But I realized now there is no seam - its the edge of a clear bra.

From all the vids of the 3M application, it seems like you would want to leave it on, its very tough and long lasting. Seems a shame to get it and then remove it right away..

The clear bras also trap stuff underneath and causes paint wear that is expensive to repair. Plus having to remove them all the time to clean and maintain the appearance of the vehicle make them a hassle to use. What little rock chips you will get will not outweigh the damage that starts the minute you install the bra!

Clear bra's do not trap anything underneath of them, they're adhesive backed that sticks to the paint, nothings getting behind it unless your installer sucked and let dirt get behind it when he installed it. They never have to be removed until you choose to (although 3 years and 33k miles on our mustang with a clear bra, it still looked as good as the day it was installed when we traded the car in!)

...so for 2 days I have been paying more attention to front end paint protection, I realized in the parking lot that a lot of cars have a brown, dirt edge all along the clear bra install.

Up until this moment I always thought those dirt lines were from the body and bumper fit, with dust, water & dirt being flicked up on that seam during driving.
I would go to myself "why do they keep doing it like that?"...
But I realized now there is no seam - its the edge of a clear bra.

From all the vids of the 3M application, it seems like you would want to leave it on, its very tough and long lasting. Seems a shame to get it and then remove it right away..

Sounds like those people don't take very good care of their cars if there's that much dirt building up along the edge that you can see it. As I mentioned we had a clear bra on the mustang for 3 years and 33k miles, it looked as good as the day we had it installed when the car was brand new and 300 miles on the odometer. I also have a clear bra on my Raptor that now has 18k miles and has been on for a year and a half. I wash my vehicles regularly (usually every 1-4 weeks) and wax them about 2 times a year, and the clear bras have always stayed looking invisible and no dirt seams.

I usually never do the partial panels though. If you do a half panel, that edge will show in the sunlight. For example doing the leading edge of the hood. The bumper takes 95% of the abuse, so I always just get the bumper and lights done, and not do the hood piece or fender tips that only see 5% of the brunt, and there's zero edges visible since the bumper and light pieces go fully to the edge of the panel, not stopping mid-panel like hood and fender pieces which is what I'm assuming you're noticing on vehicles that get neglected to be cleaned.

Yes thats right, mid panel is very common or where the quarter panels meet the bumper depending on the install of the bra.

I spent a lot of time debating this issue and came to the conclusion that I'm not putting anything on the front end.

The bumpers are plastic and the hood is aluminum so rust should not be an issue, thus the only real issue is cosmetic- and that can easily be repaired using touch up paint.

After 2.5 years I've only had about 6 chips or so on various parts and have hidden them all with touch up paint so that you can barely see them.

This is coming from a guy that STILL chooses parking spots very carefully to avoid dings (to the shagrin of my family).

I'm also trying to be more "zen" about owning my possessions and not letting them own me (e.g., it's a car - its gonna get dings - don't worry so much about 'em).

Alaskan highway will beat your car up. I know this. I drove up there and back. I'd make sure your insurance covers windshields too.

Back