Has anyone installed an Amerihood Ram Air hood? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone installed an Amerihood Ram Air hood?

Thomas Brock

Reaction score
City, State
GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
I have been thinking about adding this hood to my 2008 Adrenalin when I have it painted in the next few months. I have searched and searched online and only found one guy who had one installed on his 3rd gen Sport Trac.

I would REALLY like to see someone's painted and installed Amerihood on a 06-10 explorer or sport trac. I can't believe NONE of the sellers have any installed and finished pics of this hood. I did happen to find one pic of this hood on a explorer, but was still white and could tell the dude didn't paint it.

Anyone seen one or have pics they could share?

Thanks!!

Link to the hood:

Amerihood FEPL06AHTEFHW | Ford Explorer Type-E Style Functional Ram Air Hood; 2006-2010

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

would this work on a third get you think?

would this work on a third get you think?
No, but they do make a hood for the 3rd gen, same design. Just slightly different. Guy has pics of the one he installed on this sight somewhere. It's black.

I was once interested but it's more work than I care to dive into at the moment. I cant imagine too much to gain other than heat extractors. The ram effect does not come into play until after about 115+ mph.

The heat extraction is what I really like about it, if they had a non-ram style hood, with more focus on that, then I would reconsider.

Getting one in a few months. Truck freight to Alaska is suprising expensive lol.

I was once interested bt it's more work than I care to dive into at the moment. I cant imagin+++++!e too much to gain other than heat extractors. The ram effect does not come into play until after about 115+ mph.

The heat extraction is what I really like about it, if they had a non-ram style hood, with more focus on that, then I would reconsider.
Not sure who told you that the ram air doesn't come into effect until 115mph. They are wrong. Any time you can feed cold air directly into your intake will make a big difference in performance. Heat extraction is nice addition too.

Back