Parts or services wanted

Lobo316

Reaction score
City, State
Denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer 2dr
In need of a rear hatch door 03 explorer sport 2dr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are you located?

You can use a 98+ hatch, but the issue is going to be the '03 has the rear wiper on the glass vs in the body on the previous years.

Im located in denver Colorado

That wiper in glass hatch, began in late 2002 Sports.

So my rear hatch is from another year then?

We are saying to match the hatch without modifications, your 2003 hatch is only a perfect match to other 03's and the late year 2002's(the 2dr Sports).

The other 98+ 2nd gen hatches will bolt on, but those all have the wiper in the hatch. So those have a hole in the hatch where the wiper goes through, plus no holes along the bottom, where your hatch has a large wide trim(there are holes behind it that hold the trim on).

You can use the other hatches, but they will require some work to install, including the holes to plug, and others to drill etc. Unless you use a perfect match hatch, you will need to use your hatch wiring, swap it to another hatch.

Hit one of the pick-a-part yards available in Denver. One of the cheapest options, unless you run across a good deal on Craigslist.

One yard I go to is Andersen's in Greeley. They charge $100 plus $10 core charge for a "Hatch + glass"

Rear hatch door for $100 no bullshit

Hit one of the pick-a-part yards available in Denver. One of the cheapest options, unless you run across a good deal on Craigslist.

One yard I go to is Andersen's in Greeley. They charge $100 plus $10 core charge for a "Hatch + glass"

I called n he only has 4dr explorer

Back