Have 02 EB Explorer and need parts, will 04 XLT Explorer work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have 02 EB Explorer and need parts, will 04 XLT Explorer work?

SidCharming

Reaction score
City, State
Minneapolis, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limted
I have an 02 Explorer and found on CL a 04 that has a blown motor... Wondering if I purchase that 04 and grab parts from it to fix my truck (Rear bumper, inside trim, luggage rack swap (mine has paint pealing) and maybe window motors... If color matches I'll swap driver seat b/c mine has tears in it...

Are the parts interchangeable between the similar body styles? I haven't seen interior of the 04 to see if it matches, but I believe they are same inside too.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's the same. Biggest difference between an 02 and an 04 is the 04 has electronic throttle body.

I think all the cosmetic stuff is the same, it's the engine controls/electronics that are different (throttle cable vs drive by wire)

02 may have a different instrument cluster.

EB interior will have two tone tan leather and simulated wood trim on the radio bezel and doors. EB is likely to have some additional options that your XLT doesn't have.

Also, you likely have "high back" buckets in the front and only 2 headrests in the second row. The EB will have low back buckets and adjustable headrests in the first row. The second row will have a headrest for the middle occupant...unless it happens to have the 2nd row buckets and console option.

I have an 02 Explorer and found on CL a 04 that has a blown motor... Wondering if I purchase that 04 and grab parts from it to fix my truck (Rear bumper, inside trim, luggage rack swap (mine has paint pealing) and maybe window motors... If color matches I'll swap driver seat b/c mine has tears in it...

Are the parts interchangeable between the similar body styles? I haven't seen interior of the 04 to see if it matches, but I believe they are same inside too.

Thanks
With the seats, you may run into wiring issues with the plugs for power/ heated seats. I put 2003 EB seats in my 2002 (just for the non- ripped vinyl) and the plugs didn't match up, even though they are both the Eddie Bauer trim. So,bif you want to add heated or power seats, you're going to have to re- wire pins so it works, otherwise you will have to just transfer the vinyl like I did.

Back