Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have any of the mods you've done...made your SUV look more like a cop car?

pup5581

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
I can't be the only one when is traveling in the left lane...every 2/4 to maybe 3/4 in front of me pull over immediately and brake. And it's not like i tailgate them. They see the front and think in the mirror and go "**** statie"

But it probably depends on the area. Here in MA 75% are explorers now. Mine is blacked out almost completely from lights..to tint..to emblems ect.

Anyone else get this from the Mods you did?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My white one I did more so, but just a "Thin blue line" sticker on the rear window on the Limited.
Clipboard01%20-%20blurred%20plate-M.jpg

I have only seen AZ DPS Explorers that are 13-15 body style, are they running 16 body style yet?

Mine looks cop carish when Im running winter tires and cop wheels.

Not yet, but they are in the pipeline from what I have heard.
I have yet to see any LEO PUI in the 16+ redesign yet (any agency)

I have only seen AZ DPS Explorers that are 13-15 body style, are they running 16 body style yet?

Mine looks cop carish when Im running winter tires and cop wheels.

One local town cop has a 16...and they have 2 other 15s

All the staties have the 13-15 body style in MA

My winter set up messes with a lot of people's minds:

Winter One

Winter Two

Winter Three

Makes for great fun on the highway, but can slow me down too when those I am pulling on slow up fearing a ticket. Most are 2014 and 15 in Ontario in my area. Local police in a neighbouring city just received some 16s though too.

Darren

I have had a few slow and move over. I also have a very small blue blinking LED on the dash where the dash and front windshield meet and in the early AM really shines..I think I even had one car pull all the way over not sure if it was me or not. But it was a bit funny..

Winter One

Winter Two

Winter Three

Makes for great fun on the highway, but can slow me down too when those I am pulling on slow up fearing a ticket. Most are 2014 and 15 in Ontario in my area. Local police in a neighbouring city just received some 16s though too.

Darren

I agree. It can go both ways. Sometimes people brake to speed limit and don't move

You make those stickers yourself? Kind of like them

Thanks. They are actually carbon fibre on top and flat black outline and TURBO lettering...very subtle even though they stare at you here.

I had the company that tinted my windows make them however I designed them in Photoshop.

D.

Winter One

Winter Two

Winter Three

Darren

Your Ex is a photocopy of mine...too funny

Thanks. They are actually carbon fibre on top and flat black outline and TURBO lettering...very subtle even though they stare at you here.

I had the company that tinted my windows make them however I designed them in Photoshop.

D.

I like them..was hoping you bought them somewhere

2016s are out and about. My unit has over 100 2016's on the streets. Been in service since the first of the year. Probably delivered over a month before that.

Pretty much just seeing the front of it in their rear view mirror works.

97c00193-fcc2-4c31-ba6c-5ef19be47384_zps3fovtvno.jpg

Pretty much just seeing the front of it in their rear view mirror works.

97c00193-fcc2-4c31-ba6c-5ef19be47384_zps3fovtvno.jpg

Oh i know. I look at mine and say..if never owned one and saw it coming up from behind..i would move over as well

NYPD, MTA Police, and Nassau County PD all have 16 PUIs.

Since plasti-dipping my front grille people move over right away...lol
IMAG1063_zpsee4xdvv3.jpg

The go rhino push bumper I put on my car makes everyone slow down on the highway and it's annoying. Then they see me in the car and they speed off like crazy.

Also, here's a funny story. An unmarked Chevy Caprice was speeding all the way down i-95 sometime in October of 2015. I am unsure which unit it belonged to, probably the Maryland State Troopers, but he passed me right lane going 100 mph with no emergency lights on. I sped up and caught up with him and he immediately slowed down to like 70 mph. He then changed a few lanes to the right and stayed 70 mph. I kept tailing him and he flashed his rear red and blue lights momentarily and then I stopped following him. I wonder if my push bumper had anything to do with it. It's kind of funny to think if he confused me for an unmarked. He was sure in a rush though. Hopefully he wasn't abusing his powers and really had to get to an emergency, but shouldn't anyone responding to an emergency speeding like that respond code 3?

Friend suggested I put a 100 watt wheelen siren on the push bumper for use with a PA system but I don't want to look like I'm posing as a cop lol.

Attachments

• editedexplorerpush.jpg
    editedexplorerpush.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 996

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Happens to me all the time...LoL

I get in the left lane and everyone moves. LoL I don't even have the grille blacked out yet. Happens more with my black summer wheels on.

I have seen a lot of the 2016 body style around me in MA. Mostly town/city police. I've seen a couple of state 2016 body styles.

Back