Have you been pulled over for loud music? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have you been pulled over for loud music?

expo5.0 said:
i don't know but i can assure you that those of us who actually have the coolest stereos do not bump them inappropriately. there is a responsibility that comes with getting the real stuff.
thank you, i dont play mine that loud ever unless there is some kid at a light with distortion pouring out of his windows and i wanna shut him up....otherwise i try not to do too much damage to them....:D i use them mainly for competition....then again only time i really drive my explorer is like once a week or to comps...its kinda a pain to drive with no back window in my X lol...btw expo, hows the system coming along? i havent been on here in a while...last i left you had quite a bit done on it....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my system? look at my cardomain page in my signature

damn you got pretty far, lookin good....how close to done are you though? i know i can never be done, ill always find something new to change or put in

in the next month i will be adding 8 more speakers in very trick fiberglass enclosures. 2 of them will hang from the rear headliner to complete my 5.1 surround system in my truck, and 2 of them will be in towers that i'm building which will sit behind my truck at shows also to complete the 5.1 system but in the rear sound field. the rear towers that im building are made from two stacked spheres with a smaller one holding the tweeter on top of a larger one holding the 5.25". they are very, very cool.

damn, when your done wanna help me? :p lol

lol.. i always turn it down whenever stopped or in traffic... i know no one wants to hear it like i like it... so only when driving is it bumping.. or when that hot chick is stopped next to u at a light and u try to impress her ahahaha.

but yah, if i really need to turn it up for some odd reason, i just put my windows up

Newport, Rhode Island cops are jerks. I was playing Jay-Z unplugged. Whatever song has a lot of bongos. No earth shattering bass, actually almost no bass on that track, and I'd even turned down the volume twice by then. They still harassed me about it.
Go catch some criminals.
Karl

I'm from newport and yes the cops are jerks but the ones in portsmouth are much worse.

Im a southern boy. I bump whenever and wherever I want. I pull up next to cops at stoplights with my stuff on full blast. Well on like 30 with my bass on -6. (When i turn it up to positive, people complain their ears feel like their bleeding or something. I dont know why, I know my stuff isnt half as loud as most people on here, or as i want it. the only time i turn my radio down is when i get into my neighborhood (unless its like 3 am and i wanna piss old people off....sorry i jus love doin it). the only time a cops even questioned it was when freindswood PD pulled me over at about 12:30. I jus somehow forgot to turn it down (so busy gettinn my license and insurance papers, and of course hidin my stuff. Just kiddin). When she got 2 the window, i was thought ''oh lord i forgot i have bang" and turned it down. All she did was said was make sure next time im pulled over, i dont make that mistake. She also told me that watchin TV while I drive is not very smart. I wanted to be like obviously, but like yall, im polite to cops. I even flirt with females. My freinds always make fun of me, but LOL it works. then she let me go. (She pulled me over 4 no front license plate, because she couldnt see it sittin in my windshield). Ive had an experience similar to dirtmcgirt, ridin with my bro in law. A Man drivin next to us tried yellen at us to turn it down and swerving at us. We where in a malibu and he was in a jacked up chevy. Just cause he was bein a ass i flipped him off and turned it up. We came to a light and tried to get out the car, thinkin we didnt notice, but we seen him in the rear view. We ridin 4 deep, so me, my brother in law, and the 2 people in the back, both of who play football and look like posterboys for steroids LOL all open our doors and look at him. He decided it be his best bet to get back in his truck and roll up his windows.

unless im in BMT...they dont play out there. My sister got so many tickets when we lived out there (i was 2 young 2 drive, so i luckily avoided it). Atleast 10, and im talkin with a stock system in old school big bodys (some didnt even have a tape player, more or less cd). cops was just bein assholes tryin to make quotas. When i go back, people literly clime over me 2 turn it down out of fear of gettin pulled over.

pissing contest eh? where do i sign up? lol. Nah but for real my system is the loudest. An audiobahn awt12x pushing 2000 watts rms powered by a soundstorm stretch daddy 2 ch 2000 watt amp. Hmm but i think my q logic 1.25 cu ft box may be a lil too small. What do ya think?

don't know about the box size, it doesn't seem that far off for sealed- but there is no way your system is the loudest out of all the guys who have posted here.

welcome to the site though- do youhave any pictures of your truck and system etc.?

No, I've had neighbors call the police for having it loud during the evening hours though.. When theres a cop I usually turn it down

STSJayDub said:
I bump whenever and wherever I want. I pull up next to cops at stoplights with my stuff on full blast. (unless its like 3 am and i wanna piss old people off....sorry i jus love doin it). . . We ridin 4 deep,
riiiight :rolleyes:

no pics yet but by the end of next week i will have some.

I'm no kid, but I like a good "Hard Rock" song as much as anyone else . I tune my sub-woofer to deep base and crank up the volume when I hear one. I close the windows when I do so nobody gets annoyed. I thing everyone else should do the same. God, do I hate to hear that "RAP CRAP" blaring from somebodies vehicle!

STSJayDub said:
Im a southern boy. I bump whenever and wherever I want. I pull up next to cops at stoplights with my stuff on full blast. Well on like 30 with my bass on -6. (When i turn it up to positive, people complain their ears feel like their bleeding or something. I dont know why, I know my stuff isnt half as loud as most people on here, or as i want it. the only time i turn my radio down is when i get into my neighborhood (unless its like 3 am and i wanna piss old people off....sorry i jus love doin it). the only time a cops even questioned it was when freindswood PD pulled me over at about 12:30. I jus somehow forgot to turn it down (so busy gettinn my license and insurance papers, and of course hidin my stuff. Just kiddin). When she got 2 the window, i was thought ''oh lord i forgot i have bang" and turned it down. All she did was said was make sure next time im pulled over, i dont make that mistake. She also told me that watchin TV while I drive is not very smart. I wanted to be like obviously, but like yall, im polite to cops. I even flirt with females. My freinds always make fun of me, but LOL it works. then she let me go. (She pulled me over 4 no front license plate, because she couldnt see it sittin in my windshield). Ive had an experience similar to dirtmcgirt, ridin with my bro in law. A Man drivin next to us tried yellen at us to turn it down and swerving at us. We where in a malibu and he was in a jacked up chevy. Just cause he was bein a ass i flipped him off and turned it up. We came to a light and tried to get out the car, thinkin we didnt notice, but we seen him in the rear view. We ridin 4 deep, so me, my brother in law, and the 2 people in the back, both of who play football and look like posterboys for steroids LOL all open our doors and look at him. He decided it be his best bet to get back in his truck and roll up his windows.

unless im in BMT...they dont play out there. My sister got so many tickets when we lived out there (i was 2 young 2 drive, so i luckily avoided it). Atleast 10, and im talkin with a stock system in old school big bodys (some didnt even have a tape player, more or less cd). cops was just bein assholes tryin to make quotas. When i go back, people literly clime over me 2 turn it down out of fear of gettin pulled over.

when you were made did they leave the intelligence part of your brain in the parts box?

Pulled over for loud music

I have a 94 explorer with an aftermarket sub in the cargo area - but I have a different view of this that I'd like to share with you. First, I now wear hearing aids just so that I can hear people talk - and it was that loud music that caused it. It doesn't have to be that loud and doesn't have to go on for years - think about it before you turn it up. Hearing aids cost $2,000.00 and they only last 3 to 4 years. It's a real big drag when you know you will never be able to hear normally again - because it was so cool to have those big 12" window rattlers in back. I never turned mine up so loud that you could hear it 50 feet away, but it still screwed up my hearing because I wasn't 50 feet away from it.
Next - I now live on a residential street that is a straight through shot all the way through town. There is a stop sign two blocks away and every day, I hear hundreds of cars going one way - probably to work, then the same noise goes the other way in the afternoon. Most of the people that live around me are elderly (I'm not) and the noise really bothers them. I can just take out my hearing aids and hearing next to nothing - but most people can't. When you turn up that bass - even with your windows rolled up, it goes right into the houses you go by. Enjoying good music at a loud volume is great, but quite often the bass is so loud that it makes things rattle in my house as those cars go by. It also sets of car alarms and gets dogs barking. Once car wouldn't be a big deal - but hundreds of them are a real nuisance to the people that live on the streets you all drive on. The people that need to turn up the bass that loud have either already lost their hearing or they will loose it, but aside from that - what is the point of having it that loud unless you are trying to get everyones attention that you have the loudest biggest speakers that could fit inside a car and still leave room for the driver? Again - I am not an old fart complaining about loud music. I like it loud too, but I don't want to hear your bass and I never made my neighbors listen to mine. Honestly - there is a price to pay for having music as loud as many people play it. For those of you looking for a good career.... get a degree and start a hearing aid business. I looked into it - The profit is 50% of the price and there are going to be a lot more customers in the coming years.
No one needs to reply - I just wanted to give you an alternate view of this. If all you ever get is a ticket for loud music, you are lucky. Hearing loss is for life. Please just think about this other side to loud music.

now im sad :( i sorry dennis... i dont want hearing problems :( I also play drums so always have loud noises everyday for at least an hour when im practicing... and marching band... thats killer :)

Hope you young hooligans learn something!!!

*goes back to school*

wow your intellegent, talkin **** on the internet....hahaha. jackass.

and so many people round here bump, cops could care less if i stop next to em bumpin hard. theirs REAL crimes to worry about

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the only thing i have to say in response to that is-

i really love listening to music loud. i try not to bother other people as i said above and i believe i do a good job of it. but there is nothing else quite like listening to music at 140 db's or higher when its clean and clear. i guess i feel guilty when i do crank it up and i know that some people probably think i'm an idiot trying to show off when i drive by etc., but its well worth it for that experience of listening to it like that. part of the key to that though, is that my mids and highs do more than keep up with my subs. if your one of the people who drives around with huge bass and then what sounds like alvin the chipmunk rapping in the background- please don't even try anymore.

Back