Having A/C issues.

Keeper0311

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
I've been having AC issues, after searching through the wealth of knowledge on this forum, I was unable to figure out what was wrong with my system. I've checked all the lines, and the Vacuum Reservoir has been replaced.

I have cool air blowing through the defrost vents, yet my dash vents have no air flow at all. Any ideas where I need to look.

First check the HVAC panel and make sure all the vacuum lines are connected to the switch. Follow the lines threw the glove compartment and make sure all lines are connected. Open the hood, And find the vacuum line coming from the firewall ( it will be on the left side, look under the ac accumulator) and drag your finger across the whole line since the smallest crack can cause it to loose pressure. and follow the lines to your vacuum reservoir under the right fender. Make sure the Vacuum Reservoir is in good condition (No cracks or water inside). I also believe there is another lines coming from the Vacuum Reservoir across the engine into something else.

I just had the same problem with mine and found the leak, I had two broken lines near the Reservoir. But u can pick up the plastic lines and rubber connector at Autozone for around $10.

Back