Having issues after battery install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Having issues after battery install

giavid

Reaction score
City, State
Keller, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLS
I just had the battery replaced and now I'm having some issues.

1. Both my keyless remote won't work.

2. When I manually use the power locks and lock the door. A few seconds later (10) the doors automatically unlock.

I do have a K-9 alarm installed and it seems not to be working either. I have tried pushing the car-jacking button but I get no reponse.

My Theft light seems to be blinking as normal.

Once the truck is shut off I can hear a faint alarm signal/tone comming from under the hood. Once the locks automatically unlock the alarm noise goes away.

Any help would be great. I have no way of locking my truck.

Welcome to this forum! It's possible that the alarm system might have to be reprogrammed. Each system is different, but some systems allow you to set the code from the remote. I think you either have to reset a dip switch, then hold the remote's button for a few seconds, or turn on, and off your electrical system a few times, then hold the remote's button. Check their website for FAQs, or customer support. Did you try to disconnect the battery another time, then reconnect it? Check for a blown fuse going to the alarm module.

Weird. I did a battery replacement a few weeks back on my 99 Sport and I had no problems. All I had to do was reset the radio pre-sets. Alarm (factory) and remote unlock worked fine.

Back