Hazardiz's 91 exploder on full widths and 38s | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hazardiz's 91 exploder on full widths and 38s

Its come a long way but still has more to come i think...but here's where its at now

91 Exploder
stock 4.0 w hooker headers (3rd one)
built A4LD (still sucks - 3rd one)
stock tcase (2nd one)

front diff - 79 F150 crewcab D44 w 4.88s w aussielocker
rear diff - 88 F150 8.8 w 4.88s w aussielocker
front leafs are 2001 ranger rear packs, 2 packs per one front
rear leafs are custom built pack from local spring shop
-custom front crossmember
-F250 hangers and shackles on front springs
-F250 shock mounts up front
-38.5x15x15 boggers
-custom front bumper w 8274 warn
-custom rear bumper
-custom rockers 3.5"x3.5"x6' 3/8s welded in
-2-12 pioneer subs
-2 JL amps
-JL components in all 4 doors
-Pioneer premier 850 deck

future plans:
-347 (stroked 302)
-built AOD
-lower half exo cage
-chop top

Let me know if ya got any other ideas...thanks

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

you've got mail!

found my motor today...a buddy of mine owns a shop and one of his mechanics has a 289 of the last build year and a 302 from a 92 mustang...i think i'm gonna run the 289...something different...and all for a grand total of 150 bucks for both motors...muahaha

fiberglass is for prerunners....but if you pay attention to the details of photo's, you'll notice the trusty "Dzus" fastners. 1/2 a turn on each and throw your fenders in the back at the trailhead and go play

i thought i might put in my 2 cents on the fneder flare thing i used old garbage tires from the junk yard and bolted then in ti the bottom of the fenders and blamo a indistrucable fender flare and they are cheap.
kevin

thanks for the input 4x4 explorer...the fender flares i have are pretty much what you did...just with mill belting...they work well...but what are those Dzus screws? can ya buy them seperate or how does that work? on a side note...tranny blew up yesterday...so i pushed the truck in the shop and are starting to tear stuff out for v8...yippee

so the explorer is bare now...and i tore down the 92 mustang motor i decided to go with...its at the machine shop getting hot tanked and machined...looking to do a 332 stroker with it and a c6...i hate the waiting game...lol... :thumbsup:

ooo ooo...my 332 crank arrived today...man watching the girls at the shipping office moving it around was funny...had my 302 block cleaned and magnafluxed...its all good...not just waiting on my pistons for the 30 over bore...gotta figure out real bump stops and limiting straps too with the motor out...i'm tearing shock mounts off the frame...i use all 15" of travel in the front...damn...flex too much...

the rest of my stroker kit came in yesterday and today it all went to the machine shop...should be about 2-3 weeks by the time its done...getting a short block from them...went to the tranny shop today and am getting a c6 built for the rig...done up...just wondering what kinda stuff i should do to it? any suggestions would help...thanks...

Nice rig you got. I lived in PG for a little bit. Nice if you can handle the cold....and the smell wafting over from Quesnel lol! :D

Awesome. Sounds like it'll be a beast when it's done. :D Well, even more so than before. ;)

NICE! might i sugest against perrys fiberglass. they fit like ass. When i got mine and one wasnt even molded right perrys wouldnt talk to me all the sudden. Anyone on here that has seen mine knows how nasty they are made. there are other glass companies thoiugh

well everyone is entitled to their own opinion...i've personally never had fiber fenders so i wouldn't be able to know...got a question...has anyone put a lokar floor shifter in their ex with a c6 or aod? which version/length did you use and where does it come up through the floor? pics would help...Thanks

oh...and IAN...ya i like pg just fine...i'm a winter guy...sledding, snowboarding, winter wheeling...and i generally just got down to quesnel to head south or go through it to go wheeling :D

hazardiz said:
well everyone is entitled to their own opinion...i've personally never had fiber fenders so i wouldn't be able to know..

That we are. thing is everyone who has seen them said how mad they were. Thats the general opinio nof everyone. And perrys not talking to me and not helping me resolve it is fact

where did you get hooker headers for you 4.0ohv???

wrecker...but you can buy them at your local speed shop whoever deals hedmann...i sold mine a week ago for 200... :thumbsup:

(childish tone) my explorer can kick your explorers ass , JP around

Back