• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build

Hello all, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited "Snow white" many more mods to come, this is how she currently stands

The day I bought her in 2009
12917024647267455496IM1MAIN565x4-1.jpg

As of 10/5/12
get-attachmentaspx1251.jpg

Current mods
- Struttek Struts with Silver powdercoated coils
- Custom made front skid plate
- BTF Upper Control Arms
- 1.75 BTF Spacer lift
- Custom made lightbar
- Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler ( soon to be 50 ) & K&N Intake
- 16x8 Inch Cragar soft 8's on General Grabbers 265/75/16
- Black upper and lower black billet grille from Ebay
- Uniden CB Radio & Tram window Antenna
- Professionally tinted tail lights by jonstintedtails.com
- Dark tint all around & limo visor strip
- Premium sound system
- Black headlight housing and turn signal corners
- Alpine EX-10 Ipod Hookup
- Blacked out all Ford Logo's and de-badged car

Whats to come?
I have no freaking idea....

Thanks for checking out my Explorer and stay tuned..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

024x4

Reaction score
City, State
Sheboygan, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
looks good so far, i'm definatly gonna keep an eye on your build

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
nice x i am in newport beach

Hbrichman

Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited AWD
So quick update for everybody.. Taking in the Explorer monday morning to the shop to start on the lightbar. Also, hopefully picking up some BTF Spacer in the next few days and installing them if I can find the time this weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm going with 1.75'' front and 1.25'' rear. I'll have picture up soon!

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
It's all going to be custom made by my local fabricator.

..Who is your local fabricator? Where is his shop? and what kind of lights?..:popcorn:

Hbrichman

Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited AWD
..Who is your local fabricator? Where is his shop? and what kind of lights?..:popcorn:

I'm getting it done by a shop called Sixgun Offroad, I'm planning on putting four Hella 500ff's on it, or possibly Hella 700ff's. Pictures soon!

Hbrichman

Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Limited AWD
Little update.. Sorry for no pictures lately, the ex has been getting repaired. She was leaking coolant from the Intake manifold gasket, which has to be replaced. And also the Intake manifold itself had a crack in it, which is also being replaced. Big $ down the drain on this repair, more to come.

Triton8273

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
That has me sold...I'm buying a welder and custom building things for myself from now on lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.