Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build

Hello all, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited "Snow white" many more mods to come, this is how she currently stands

The day I bought her in 2009
12917024647267455496IM1MAIN565x4-1.jpg

As of 10/5/12
get-attachmentaspx1251.jpg

Current mods
- Struttek Struts with Silver powdercoated coils
- Custom made front skid plate
- BTF Upper Control Arms
- 1.75 BTF Spacer lift
- Custom made lightbar
- Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler ( soon to be 50 ) & K&N Intake
- 16x8 Inch Cragar soft 8's on General Grabbers 265/75/16
- Black upper and lower black billet grille from Ebay
- Uniden CB Radio & Tram window Antenna
- Professionally tinted tail lights by jonstintedtails.com
- Dark tint all around & limo visor strip
- Premium sound system
- Black headlight housing and turn signal corners
- Alpine EX-10 Ipod Hookup
- Blacked out all Ford Logo's and de-badged car

Whats to come?
I have no freaking idea....

Thanks for checking out my Explorer and stay tuned..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think they would look nice. If that's the lug pattern then it'll look great.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Those would be sick for real. And if you dont mind include me in the light bar deal..I'm about to start working at an exhaust/general stuff shop with all kinds access to good stuff, AKA the metal to make one.

My buddy has those grabbers on his ranger. He loves them. Says they are great in mud, and I've read they are good for sandy stuff. Last I saw his ranger they were wearing funny, but he has 3" of TT to fit 33"s under there so the alignment is all jacked up, so I assume that is why. They look sick though.

I havent seen them on an X either but I just think the red lettering is sick and I've considered buying them just out of curiosity.

I say go for it, I think they will look awesome on your truck and I will be jealous if you put them on.

Thanks everybody for your feedback, I guess I'll just have to get them now! Have to find a buyer for the tires I currently have first though to get them off my hands when I pick up the new ones, I'll keep you updated! And I'll be posting those dimensions soon!

Skid plate finally finished! I'm very happy with how it turned out, I think it looks really good! Here are some pictures I took, let me know what you think!

get-attachmentaspx-17.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-18.jpg

And also for everybody who needs dimensions I will measure them when I get home this afternoon, I've been very very busy with college and life lately and have had barely any time to do anything other than school, so thank you for your patience! I'll post them this evening.

Diameter of the bar is about 14''. Mainly the bar is held on by 7.5'' arms that run behind my lower billet grille and are bolted on to the frame. To add even more support, There are two 1.5'' inch tabs just added holding it onto the exterior body so it will not have an opportunity to move at all.

get-attachmentaspx-19.jpg

Dude your making me jealous with the light bar and skid plate..Is that thing welded or bolted?

what are your main support arms bolted to

Hey all, hope everybody is doing well. Been very busy with school and life, but I have a pretty major update I've been keeping under wraps.. Keep an eye out, more to come by the end of this week. :thumbsup:

First set of long past needed goodies complete and ready to be put on :thumbsup:

get-attachmentaspx-20.jpg

Now just waiting for the second set of goodies to be ready for pickup... What could they be?? ;)

Time to get this moved over to the Elite Registry section lol

Back