Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hbrichmans 2003 Ford Explorer Build

Hello all, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Limited "Snow white" many more mods to come, this is how she currently stands

The day I bought her in 2009
12917024647267455496IM1MAIN565x4-1.jpg

As of 10/5/12
get-attachmentaspx1251.jpg

Current mods
- Struttek Struts with Silver powdercoated coils
- Custom made front skid plate
- BTF Upper Control Arms
- 1.75 BTF Spacer lift
- Custom made lightbar
- Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler ( soon to be 50 ) & K&N Intake
- 16x8 Inch Cragar soft 8's on General Grabbers 265/75/16
- Black upper and lower black billet grille from Ebay
- Uniden CB Radio & Tram window Antenna
- Professionally tinted tail lights by jonstintedtails.com
- Dark tint all around & limo visor strip
- Premium sound system
- Black headlight housing and turn signal corners
- Alpine EX-10 Ipod Hookup
- Blacked out all Ford Logo's and de-badged car

Whats to come?
I have no freaking idea....

Thanks for checking out my Explorer and stay tuned..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get-attachmentaspx-23.jpg

Here's a shot I posted in the 3rd gen forums from right after I got the lift installed. I haven't taken any recent pic's since I installed the UCA's, I'll take some tomorrow. I have a big to do list this weekend.. Repaint my rear pillars, re tint my front two windows and some more minor touch ups.. we'll see how that goes.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I don't frequent those forums... :)

The rig is looking great! It looks like the perfect height and set up.

I've noticed :p: I'm surprised I haven't seen your F-150 around Huntington at all.. I'm always out and about.

But thanks man I appreciate it! For some reason though I feel like something is missing... Guess that's just the mod flu I caught though ;)

I can't tell from that pic, but are they the Generals that you mentioned earlier you were getting?

The next size tire (when these wear out) will make it look a little tougher filling out the wheel well more. I'm in the same spot with my truck. I am going to get bigger tires new time around.

I don't drive around too much anymore. I live near brookhurst and adams, though.

I can't tell from that pic, but are they the Generals that you mentioned earlier you were getting?

The next size tire (when these wear out) will make it look a little tougher filling out the wheel well more. I'm in the same spot with my truck. I am going to get bigger tires new time around.

I don't drive around too much anymore. I live near brookhurst and adams, though.

Well, I was thinking about getting those, but since they're more for a prerunner style and for the amount of time I would actually be offroading, and how expensive they are, I decided to pass for right now.

I could buy two sets of General AT2's for the price of one set of those other Generals I was looking at.. Ide rather save that money for now. But I'm running 265/75/16 right now, I'm not positive If I'll be able to run another size up because I didn't get that significant of a lift. But If not, I don't mind showing off the spunky new UCA's ;)

Ah yeah I gotcha, I saw your picture from the lookout overlooking the wetlands, I live literally one minute from there. Cross streets are Garfield and Edwards

Well some small updates, getting my faded rear two pillars painted tomorrow nice and fresh gloss black from a good friend for practically no price. Also re tinting my front windows this week as well. No more big updates really... For I have ran out of ideas of anything major with the expoooo. I'll take any ideas though :)

Came out awesome! Explorer has been in the shop so that's why I haven't showed any pictures.. Just got it back though finally, I'll post them up tomorrow!

How Is your skid plate attached to your ex? I see that the actual plate is bolted on but are the bars welded to the frame, and if they are how do you plan on removing the radiator if ever needed?

Came out awesome! Explorer has been in the shop so that's why I haven't showed any pictures.. Just got it back though finally, I'll post them up tomorrow!

Tomorrow?!

Lol, sorry TJ. I will post them when I get home. I haven't been on the forums lately, work has been consuming my life, literally.

And about my skid plate, you are correct there is a mount made of steel tubing that is welded to my frame. Then, my skid plate itself is bolted onto the steel frame. So, if needed I can unbolt the skid plate and remove it. I made sure that if needed, I would be able to remove the plate and have enough space to remove any parts. In the pictures I posted you can't really see, I'll have to get a better angle shot when I have the chance. If worst comes to worst, I would probably have to remove the welds, take it off, and then weld it back on.

Lol im just giving you a hard time, im about to do my pillars too. They need it all kinds of bad.

Lol im just giving you a hard time, im about to do my pillars too. They need it all kinds of bad.

I know what you mean man. When I bought my explorer, they were faded. About 90% of exops i see have faded pillars. It always bugged me. About a year ago I spray painted mine, but didn't get the result I wanted. Now that they look back to how it looked rolling out of the factory, it makes all the difference.

Lil update.. Here's a pic of my freshly painted pillars if you haven't seen them yet

581321_427893747232246_776483140_n.jpg

Also.. ordering new tires. I'll give you a a few hints.. I think I'm the first 3rd gen to rock them, and they have red lettering. ;)

Lil update.. Here's a pic of my freshly painted pillars if you haven't seen them yet

Also.. ordering new tires. I'll give you a a few hints.. I think I'm the first 3rd gen to rock them, and they have red lettering. ;)

Looks good!

My buddy has those grabbers on his ranger. He loves them. They look badass too!

Well unfortunately, General does not have the grabbers w/ red lettering in 265/75/16 at this time. So, that's out of the question now. Thinking about running my current tires white wall though.. Also I've been thinking about getting a 14-16'' LED amber light bar and attaching it on my light bar, below my off road lights. We'll see what happens!

Pillars came out great!

Thinking about running my current tires white wall though.. We'll see what happens!
We live in the same city and I keep a sharpie in my truck! Just sayin'... :shifty_ey

:D

As what, a running light?

No for offroad, amber is better for seeing through the dust while offroading. And my friend could get me one for half off, so I'm just thinking about it.

And yeah Froader, I'll prob just keep em black hehe

Back