HD Radio to XLT with 202A Rapid Spec | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HD Radio to XLT with 202A Rapid Spec

stripesace

Reaction score
City, State
The Woodlands, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
What all do you think my be involved to get HD radio capability to the XLT w/ premium sound and MFT in the 202A rapid spec? Seems like it'd just be a module on the antenna connector? the sony radio has it, but the XLT Premium does not... so whats missing to add that?

What all do you think my be involved to get HD radio capability to the XLT w/ premium sound and MFT in the 202A rapid spec? Seems like it'd just be a module on the antenna connector? the sony radio has it, but the XLT Premium does not... so whats missing to add that?

I'm going to guess a lot more work than it's worth.

Seriously, it sounds like it's going to take replacing the entire radio cluster to the upgraded one that has the HD radio. Shouldn't be that expensive except for the fact that through Ford it'll probably retail for a grand, :rolleyes:

Maybe it's actually a software upgrade like you would have to do for the DRL. Only time can tell. I'm pretty sure people will start messing with things after the 3 year warranty is over.

Back