• Register Today It's free!

Head Gasket oil leak???

dbaldasari

Reaction score
City, State
hamilton,nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 4wd 4dr xlt
After taking my 94 Explorer (delivered in Oct. 93) to a local STS for an anti-freeze leak, it was determined it was leaking from the lower manifold. They proceeded to fix this. A couple of days later I noticed my first oil leak since I purchased it. I returned to STS and they claimed it was the rear main seal. I had that replaced at a transmission shop and it still leaked from the same area. I took it back to the tranny place and they said it was leaking from the lower manifold and that STS probably didn't silicone the back end of the lower manifold properly. I took it back, again, to STS and they now detiermined it was leaking oil from the head gasket area.
My question is; Is it possible to leak oil from the head gasket area onto the motor?
I thought it would only leak inside, mixing anti-freeze and oil. I don't have this prioblem or I'm sure I would notice a discoloration in my anti-freeze.
Bottom line, I have oil leaking out the back driver side of my motor from my head gasket (says STS). Is this possible?

Back