Head Light Question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Head Light Question

The description states, "Kit includes two lamps, bulbs, stone shields, wiring harness, switch, relay, and mounting hardware," but one of the answered questions by a seller says only 1 light. So it isn't totally clear. If I were you, I'd contact customer service to see what they know. Or just order and see what you get. Amazon has a pretty good return policy if it isn't what you wanted/what was advertised.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HIDs in non projector housings is a no no. You blind everyone in front of you. But I do like those anzo housings. They've been in my eBay watch list for a while.

Believe it or not I havent been flashed since installing them they dont really glare being as the housings are smoked I think it helps in reducing that part of it.

My OEM Headlights were delivered today and my Hella's should be here Friday. IF I can get home from work early enough this afternoon (90 min commute with no traffic) I will install, which should be pretty straight forward.

Now when the Hella's arrive that will prolly be a diff story as it involves some wiring which I have never done any on a vehicle before.

Keep us posted about the upgrades. I had never done anything electrical before my lights either, but it was pretty simple once you understand how the relay and switch works. Pretty much everything snaps together, you just have to decide what you want to use as your grounds and how to get through the firewall for the interior switch.

Keep us posted about the upgrades. I had never done anything electrical before my lights either, but it was pretty simple once you understand how the relay and switch works. Pretty much everything snaps together, you just have to decide what you want to use as your grounds and how to get through the firewall for the interior switch.

Started on the left side (passenger side) headlight assembly replacement and I can not get the assembly completely out. The "nut" (as I will call it) that holds the assembly in place on the bottom left, I can not figure out how to loosen it so I can completely pull out the assembly. The other 2 pieces I was able to remove no problem! I even tried watching this video on how to do such (which all I saw said he had loosened it earlier and doesn't help me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1gKXiH1vho

Does anyone have any tips on how to get that piece loosened so I can remove the assembly?

EDIT ---
I actually just dropped a pair of pliers down thar also trying to squeeze the "nut" with a pair of pliers to see if that would loosen it enough for me to pry out.

You are talking about adjustment piece that clips onto metal, right? If so, don't be afraid to break the old pieces apart (as long as the new housing doesn't require you to reuse them). I haven't replaced an Explorer's headlights, but I have replaced a 2000 Expedition's headlights (and they look like they are pretty much the same on the back). I just got what I could off, and yanked the whole housing out. The replacement had all of the pieces needed, so I wasn't worried about breaking plastic clips.

I ended up forcing it out and removed the grill as well. Now my explorer has no lights nor grill AND......

Only to discover that the new headlights are WRONG!!!!!
They are inverted, I will provide pictures later this evening or tomorrow! So I am hoping and wishing I didn't ir-recoverably destroy the old pieces as I will need to drive Monday...

I had a local part store overnight the correct part for my vehicle to the store and just picked them up and had them installed in less than 5 minutes.

Turned on the lights and worked! But I noticed that when I turn the switch to where the parking lights should be, it just turns on the lights. Any idea what could have caused that issue to pop up?

Back