Head Rest Removal - 2008 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Head Rest Removal - 2008 Sport Trac

TexasMule

Reaction score
City, State
McKinney, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Sport Trac
I searched this forum and couldn't get a hit on head rest removal.

I'm going to put some Wet Okole seat covers on my 2008 Sport Trac and wasn't sure how to remove the back head rests.

Can they be removed? Has anybody removed theirs? It appears that the fronts have a release hole on them. No such luck on the rears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just got my '08 and so far we really like it. Not a big fan of the light tan interior though.

edit: Am I the only one who thinks the rear window switch in the o/h console is in upside down?
When I push it from the back (thinking it should go up) it goes down. Maybe it's just me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought the rear head rests removed the same way with the pin hole, I'll have to take a look again.
Yes, I think the switch is upside down as well. Plus I have a few blank unused buttons, I think a couple would have been the heated seat buttons.
I have that same tan, I put dark sheepskins on the front seats. not before my brother dripped some taco bell hot sause on the pass seat. I sprayed the whole interior with 3M scotchguard the day I bought it, but that did not block taco bell.
My wifes 08 escape has a *****in black interior, different material on the seats that looks more enduring.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the switch is upside down.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it just doesn't seem logical.

I'll check on the release pin hole on the rear head rests.

I looked this morning and mine does have the pin holes in the rear seats.

Thanks for the info on the headrest 2008 sport trac, it worked!

I was hoping 2007 rear headrests remove the same way as 2008. NOT! Their is no pin hole on rear headrests on 2007 ST Limited. Now what?

Back