Head Unit For 2000 Explorer Xlt | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Head Unit For 2000 Explorer Xlt

Big_saak

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello, I am looking at getting a new head unit for my 2000 Explorer xlt. The vehicle has every option offered for it's model. I want to put a touch screen dvd head unit in it. Does anyone have some suggestions? I also would like to put sub woofers in the truck in the near future. So any suggestions on quality subs would be great. Only looking at spending about 300 - 400 dollars for subs, amps, and head unit.
Thanks

R1dd1cK

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport V8 4406 4X4
Well if you want a touch screen dvd head unit your looking at 300 and up for just that.

BrandonCustom

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
It is going to be hard to get all of that in that price range, don't buy anything from walmart if your looking for quality. a good deck not video/dvd ($150) plus a wiring harness($25) and and din ($15) subs around($250) amp around ($100-$200) and cable to run it all ($75) so your looking at in excess over 700+