• Register Today It's free!

headers for V8 4.6L Explorer

lmrbtj

Reaction score
City, State
Tijuana
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 Explorer Limited 4.6L
i recently had a problem with my exhaust, i took it to the dealer and told me that the stock headers had a problem and they needed to be replaced

the car:
2006 Explorer Limited V8 4.6L 2x4 50K miles

i would like to spend a little more cash and put some performance headers but im thinking they sould be able to fit and have no problem with the other components

do you know any brand that makes this kind of headers for this model and if they fit stock space

sorry for the english, im trying my best! :roll:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I somehow missed this thread, but I can get you some JBA headers for your application.-j

Id definately go with the JBA. Great headers for the price.

I somehow missed this thread, but I can get you some JBA headers for your application.-j

if you could get me the infor i will appreciate it very much

i've been searching and i just found the jba's for the 4.0 V6, i have the 4.6 V8

thanks

ALSO the model is 2006

and i have only found for 2005 and according to the dealer experts they are not the same

ALSO the model is 2006

and i have only found for 2005 and according to the dealer experts they are not the same

Dealer & expert is an oxymoron.

I hope you went with JBA headers. They give awesome power and great sound. We just love it when we purchased one from an on-line store. But ask your local dealer, they surely have one.

So whats the verdict here? Will JBA headers fit in the 4.6 Explorer w/o screwing up any other parts? My truck is in the shop and they want $1200 to replace the stock manifolds... screw that.

Any info....?

Digging up this old thread from the grave. Has anyone ever installed headers on their 06-10 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8? I want to but I'm not sure anything out there will fit from what I've read. I'd also likely upgrade the exhaust and add a CAI.

I am looking to replace my exhaust manifold as well I ha e a broken stud for the second time And would love to know if these jba shorty's would be applicable for my 2007 explorer 4.6 cause nowhere says they have a direct Bolton for this vehicle

Good day all! I haven't been able to find any performance headers for the 4.6L in my Explorer. I've read a few things that say it's the same motor as the '05+ Mustang, but does anyone know if the headers from a 'Stang will fit?

In this thread, JBA shorty headers have been mentioned, and I also came across those as an option while I waas scouring the ol' interwebs...but, alas, nowhere does it say that they actually fit with no modifications.

Can anyone give solid advice on this?

Same here.
Looking for a set of shorty headers for my 2007 Explorer 4.6, but can't find any.
Everything for that year is for the 4.0 V6.
Parts from the 2002 - 2005 Model will NOT fit, as that was the 2v V8 and from 2006 on it's the 3v - cylinder head and outlet locations are different.

Back