Headlight / Fog Lamp Replacement on my 98 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight / Fog Lamp Replacement on my 98

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Hello,

I've tried a few different Headlight bulbs and Fog light bulbs on my Explorer, but I've never really noticed much of a difference.

I bought these $20/piece Sylvania "super white" fog lamps awhile back, and they only looked slightly whiter than my stock lightbulbs.

One of my foglamps burnt out, so now I need something new.

Can someone recommend me some good bright headlight bulbs and fog lamp bulbs?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recently replaced my head lights with GE Nighthawks and I like them. If you give me a couple days, I can say yay or nay for GE Nighthawk fog lights too. I'm waiting on my new housings to arrive before I install them.

I recently replaced my head lights with GE Nighthawks and I like them. If you give me a couple days, I can say yay or nay for GE Nighthawk fog lights too. I'm waiting on my new housings to arrive before I install them.

Any update?

thanks

The fog housings aren't scheduled for delivery until this Wednesday. Pending the weather, I'll post that night.

Unfortunately, its been raining non-stop and I haven't had the chance to install the housings. However, its supposed to clear up tomorrow.

...I really wish I had a covered space to work.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back with you about this, but I installed the new housings and Nighthawks today and I am absolutely amazed. I'm sure it's a combination of the two, but I would definitely recommend the Nighthawks based on my short time using them. Since they don't have the coating like Silverstars do, they should also burn a lot longer too.

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back with you about this, but I installed the new housings and Nighthawks today and I am absolutely amazed. I'm sure it's a combination of the two, but I would definitely recommend the Nighthawks based on my short time using them. Since they don't have the coating like Silverstars do, they should also burn a lot longer too.

wow, awesome man thanks for getting back to me. Im going to have to order some now. Thanks

Try the Nightbreakers. I haven't seen them in stores but you can get them online. They're made by Osram.

Try the Nightbreakers. I haven't seen them in stores but you can get them online. They're made by Osram.

Do you know which specific part number I need for my Explorer?

Thanks

Back