Headlight/Fog light upgrade for 2015 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight/Fog light upgrade for 2015 Explorer Sport

Diode Dynamics lighting!!

Got ya covered...LOL. SS3 Pro Yellows. I guess I could do a write up. I got all the pix of my install process. Wasn't exactly straight forward and required the installation of some spacers. After I made note of this to DD, the removed the Ford Explorer as a listed model. But I'm sure you could still get them keeping in mind the modification (pretty simple too, did it with some stuff I had laying around) that is needed.

Man they are SUPER bright. I need to take a pic of them at night..its crazy how much brighter they are then the HID fogs I took out.

pi17jvXNgJ9bQGQ?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

qM3MgtMCiEyOTEg?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

Qg1K9BULL5K3uZQ?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

M8qDmOXidPzntxg?width=660&height=321&cropmode=none.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man I like those fogs, nice job!

Correct. I would buy a kit from Diode Dynamics for the headlights. Run LED's in the fogs. That's what I landed on in my 2014 Sport and never had issues. I tried HID kids in the fogs and kept blowing fuses. The product at DD are top notch and their service was great!

Correct. I would buy a kit from Diode Dynamics for the headlights. Run LED's in the fogs. That's what I landed on in my 2014 Sport and never had issues. I tried HID kids in the fogs and kept blowing fuses. The product at DD are top notch and their service was great!
Hmmmmm, interesting. I had the HID foglights for, maybe, 4 or 5 years and never had any issues with fuses blowing. They always worked perfect. Matter of fact, I still have the set sitting in a box as I was thinking about selling them really cheap since they are used. They are 8K HIDs. I really only changed from the HID to LED because I wanted the "look" of yellow foglights and felt I might as well go LED while I'm at it. LOL.

Those were Morimoto parts. Could that have been the issue? Not sure, but I know it was a pain for several months as I sorted it out...

Back