Headlight questions

J_White

Reaction score
City, State
Dobson North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Im new here so bare with me...
I've been planning on doing some explorer and mountaineer project but I was wondering if explorer headlights would fit on the mountaineer cause i found some projector headlights from CarPart4U.com and since its a one piece... i thought it would fit in the mountaineer.

i was also wondering if anyone has done a projector headlight conversion on the stock mountaineer headlights... like taking the halos out of a bwm headlight and fabricating a mount to put it in the stock headlight housing. anyone know what im talkin about?

i've searched all over but havent found anything yet

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The only year the Mountaineer & Explorer lights are interchangeable is 1997. In '98 The Mountaineer lights changed while Explorers stayed the same.

I too would love to see how a BMW projector would look in a 98-01 Mounty housing. I have yet to see anyone do that mod, but some here have retrofitted their X's housing to the BMW projector. Based on P51's sticky for the mod, the Mounty headlight should be doable. I thinking of going for it since I have the Mounty headlights on my 98 X.

I too would love to see how a BMW projector would look in a 98-01 Mounty housing. I have yet to see anyone do that mod, but some here have retrofitted their X's housing to the BMW projector. Based on P51's sticky for the mod, the Mounty headlight should be doable. I thinking of going for it since I have the Mounty headlights on my 98 X.

ye all i need is to flip more burgers and get the parts to do the conversion and follow something similar to the ZJ Jeeps projector's conversion. i think a mountaineer with projectors would looks badass :D

to this day im car-less and been lookin real deep into the x's and mounty's as long as it has a v8 its something im getting haha

Hey, I'm a new poster as well but have been visiting this forum ever since I bought my mountaineer (feb). I have been looking for the same and as far as my research shows, theres only 2 ways of going about it. First would be to do a front clip swap with a explorer (would cost about $200-300 plus the headlights) or make your own halo's. Theres this page I came across a few years back when I wanted to get this done to a older grand am. It should still apply to a mountaineers headlights tho and it would be pretty cheap to do. Check it out here and tell me what yalls thoughts are.

Hey, I'm a new poster as well but have been visiting this forum ever since I bought my mountaineer (feb). I have been looking for the same and as far as my research shows, theres only 2 ways of going about it. First would be to do a front clip swap with a explorer (would cost about $200-300 plus the headlights) or make your own halo's. Theres this page I came across a few years back when I wanted to get this done to a older grand am. It should still apply to a mountaineers headlights tho and it would be pretty cheap to do. Check it out here and tell me what yalls thoughts are.

wow....
that crx's halo set up is actually more appealing than the regular halos... idk if its the way the guy set em up or what but i'd go and do the same thing im thinking of pulling some projectors out from some old bmw's at the local junkyard and do the same. I saw a site that did a conversion like that for the ZJ Cherokees and i was gunna follow similar steps but i lost the website i'll post it to give you and idea what i was going to do

Back