• Register Today It's free!

headlight unlevel ???

DR.J

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Springs MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Blk/Blk Lim
my 2012 ex limited, i have noticed that the right headlight is higher than the left just a smedge..... it reminds me of looking at ones eye glasses and the bifocal on one side is lower.... anyone else notice this

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 2012 ex limited, i have noticed that the right headlight is higher than the left just a smedge..... it reminds me of looking at ones eye glasses and the bifocal on one side is lower.... anyone else notice this
Welcome to the Forum Dr.J.:wavey:
Just to confirm, you are talking about the headlight itself and not the light pattern it throws out?

Peter

If you are referring to the pattern, the left light is often aimed a little lower to help avoid blinding oncoming traffic.

It is nornal with HID lights.. as said, left is lower to prevent blinding oncoming traffic with HIDs.

yes the pattern is what i am talking about...
the equinox that we had were straight across... my f150 is straight across... people even have blinked their bright lights at me...

just thought is was different.....

yes the pattern is what i am talking about...
the equinox that we had were straight across... my f150 is straight across... people even have blinked their bright lights at me...

just thought is was different.....

The F150 didnt have HID and I am assuming the Equinox didnt either. Halogens are straight across, Hids are uneven because they are brighter.

i am having the same issue. Lately, i have been getting the "high beam" strobe at me from on-coming traffic. Last night my wife was following me in the explorer and the driver side headlight (non HID) definitely gives the indication of high beam. The passenger side light looks fine, but the driver side definitely blinds you. I am guessing i can just pull up to my garage and make the changes myself by aligning some screws a little better. Is this in the manual, because if it is I must have missed it

Yeah, the procedure is in the manual. It provides a bunch of measurements for the light pattern for you to match.

i am having the same issue. Lately, i have been getting the "high beam" strobe at me from on-coming traffic. Last night my wife was following me in the explorer and the driver side headlight (non HID) definitely gives the indication of high beam. The passenger side light looks fine, but the driver side definitely blinds you. I am guessing i can just pull up to my garage and make the changes myself by aligning some screws a little better. Is this in the manual, because if it is I must have missed it
As Vince mentioned, it is in the Owner's Guide. Check the index under Headlamps/Aiming. Adjustments can only be made vertically, not horizontally. This applies whether you have halogen or HID headlamps.

Peter

Back