• Register Today It's free!

Headlight wiring

63falcondude

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer EB
There are three wires coming from both of the large amber bulbs in the headlight. The driver side is brown, black, and green/white stripe. Passenger is brown, black, and white/blue stripe. Anyone know if the striped wires are for the turn signals? If so, I'm assuming that black is ground and brown is power? Trying to wire my CCFL halos.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Test them out with a test light, fast and easy.

Test them out with a test light, fast and easy.

Yea I tested the wires that connected to the small amber bulb (brown and black) and they were constant when running lights are on but they don't light the halos up for some reason. I tested the halo wires on the battery and they lit up perfectly. Also, the battery and the wires when running lights are on read the same... I have no idea why it isn't working.

http://www.headlightsdepot.com/products/Mercury/Mountaineer/All/DS-FR421-B0A14#.VNzpey6TuFo

This picture shows the locations of the amber bulbs for reference. The small bulb wires are brown and black while the larger two are brown and black with a green wire (driver side turn signal) and a white wire (passenger side turn signal).

I figure that I should be able to wire the halos and LED's to the brown and black wire from either of the three bulbs but have had no luck so far.

Back