• Register Today It's free!

headlights Cable diagram

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi, I´m new here and my english it´s not so good. I have bought a Ford Explorer Sport Trac 2001. I have a problem with my headlights. I think because all the cables are clamped wrong.
Low beam and high beam is one lamp.
The high beam is darker than the low beam and when I turn on the high beam the low beam goes off. The low beam goes exactly to the street but the high beam goes scattered in all directions, left side and right side but not on the street.

Perhaps one has a diagram where showing which color belongs to which pin.
Is it normal the low beam goes of when I turn on the high beam?
Maybe the cables are reversed directly on the remote light switch, I do not know. A colored cable assignment of the high beam switch would also be helpful.

Thanks Manuel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wiring diagrams

HeadLamps1.jpg

HeadLamps2.jpg

Hi, thank you for the diagram. On the first page left, that´s the connector where goes into headlights, right?

Maybe somebody have more Information about the low beam and high beam.
When I turn on the high beam goes the low beam off, is the normal or is it a different with the bi-Xenon-Kit?

Maybe someone has a photo where you can see the cables from the headlights and high beam switch.

Thank you

Hi, thank you for the diagram. On the first page left, that´s the connector where goes into headlights, right?

Maybe somebody have more Information about the low beam and high beam.
When I turn on the high beam goes the low beam off, is the normal or is it a different with the bi-Xenon-Kit?

Maybe someone has a photo where you can see the cables from the headlights and high beam switch.

Thank you

are you asking about stock lighting, or about some aftermarket lighting that isn't designed for a sporttrac?
the 2001 sporttrac did not come with a bi-xenon kit from the factory.

Make sure it has 9007 bulbs and not 9004. 9004's will plug in but don't work correct, I have seen this several times on older F150's.

Make sure it has 9007 bulbs and not 9004. 9004's will plug in but don't work correct, I have seen this several times on older F150's.

Thanks I check it next week when I go there, because in the moment the car is on the painter. I have a bixenon kit inside, but when you have right, then I must change only some cables a the correct postions, right?

Hi, today I visit my car on the painter and checked the bulbs, that was a little bit time because the painter is not so near to me. The original bulbs was 9007. The guys where the bixenon system installed, changed from 9007 to H4 bulbs. Is this correct with H4 or wrong? When its wrong which H-type I need than?

Ok, I understand it, but which bulbs where are is stronger as 9007 I can use when I want 6000K or 8000K?

4300k will give most output (most like sunlight I think), using proper projectors this will look a little blue
6000k will be more blue, and less useful output
8000k will be more purple, and even less useful light

4300k will give most output (most like sunlight I think), using proper projectors this will look a little blue
6000k will be more blue, and less useful output
8000k will be more purple, and even less useful light
I have this bulbs inside H4-3 bixenon with an adabter for the different size but the bulbs have a small metall on the side. Look the picture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l9089355hrwwtm/20141213_192938.jpg?dl=0

Hi, in this week my car will be finished from the painter, then we can check the HID bixenon Kit.
But what I dont know and nothing can say me this correctly is:
When I change from lo-beam to high-beam.
In some manuals you can read on high-beam burn both parts (low and highbeam). Another manuals sayed when you use the high-beam then the low-beam goes off.
What is correctly now. Maybe somebody can me explain this.

Thanks

In an old standard buld there are 2 filaments. On for low beam and the other for high beam. Not sure what your trying to do, but that is how it should work from the factory. Dave p.

In an old standard buld there are 2 filaments. On for low beam and the other for high beam. Not sure what your trying to do, but that is how it should work from the factory. Dave p.

yes but when you use the high beam goes the low beam off or not in the standart?
and when you change to a xenon kit 6000K is this than the same standart or must than burn both, low and high?

There appears to be a little language barrier in what Maf is trying to ask. He's asking on a '01 Sport Trac factory standard, when the high beams are placed on, does the low beam go out or stay on along with the high beam at the same time. I don't have a Sport Trac, but maybe someone here can answer that part of his question. :)

yes but when you use the high beam goes the low beam off or not in the standart?
and when you change to a xenon kit 6000K is this than the same standart or must than burn both, low and high?

hopefully you kit accounts for that.
sport trac: when hibeam is on then lowbeam is off.

Back